2463Re: [genphoto] Cleaning photos and negatives

  • Ken Allen
    Jul 17, 2005
      Good information. But the PrintFile 3 ring binder pages sold by Light
      Impressions and University Products have addressed the issues
      identified in Wilhelm's book (published in 1993). The pages are
      uncoated, and there are other options from these resellers.
      Admittedly, it is likely that not all of the sleeves that PrintFile
      and the other manufacturers sell may not hold up to the PAT test, but
      Light Impressions and University Products seem to be very respectable
      resellers that vet out most of the bad options and provide very good
      descriptions and options.

      In summary for many private clients that prefer the ease of use the
      enclosed archival three ring binders the archival film and print
      storage pages are a good option. Other clients and the most stringent
      museums may prefer the boxed print and film management systems which
      require a little more organization.

      Ken Allen
      Image Conservator, Inc.
      330 Wythe Ave., Suite 2f