1661scanning 1970 matte paper

  • Susan Farmer
    Mar 10, 2003
      I'm trying to figure out how to get a decent scan from that really
      coarse (and crappy) matte finish paper that was *so* populat in
      the 1970s. When I scan at 300 dpi (as I do for all images), I
      get little white blips where the light is eflecting on the
      undulations in the paper. I did a rough count and came up with
      72per inch horizontally -- in alternating rows
      and 120 per inch vertically -- like so ...

      - - - - - - - -
      - - - - - - -

      My scanner (Umax) allows for descreen for magazine and newspaper --
      and I can manually set the descreen values.

      Anybody had any success with scanning this type of paper surface?

      Thanks!
      Susan
      -----
      Susan Baker Farmer