Re: Genealogy.com/1900 census/need a favor

  • rlnagle
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
      Paula,
      I have a little more information on the 1900 Bayonne 2nd Ward (3rd
      precinct), Hudson Co., New Jersey Census that may (or may not) help
      your friend.

      The census taker came up with their own numbering system (joy of
      joys)...the following were all in the same dwelling # 245/246 (the
      actual street address is 23 19th Street). The census taker
      has "double numbers" for column 1 Dwelling and Families visited in
      column 2.

      The following were physically located in the same dwelling - I am
      only listing the "heads" and if your friend wants additional info,
      just let me know!

      Page 134A
      line 23; family 431/444: Hyman, Isaac
      line 31; family 432/445: Jerba, Antonio
      line 34; family 433/446: Jasovski, Nathan
      line 43; family 434/447: Slotski, Joseph
      line 48; family 435/448: Dosdeitz, Benjamin

      Page 134B (continued)
      line 51; family 435/448: Silbeback, Samuel
      line 52; family 436/449: Potash, Jacob
      line 57; family 437/450: Vidosz, John
      line 60; family 438/451: Gisberg, Max

      ----the next house is 21 19th Street----Dwelling 246/247----
      It also contained multiple families and the census taker continued
      their "creative numbering system"

      Hope this helps!
      Becky

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Paula Baker" <paulabaker69@h...>
      wrote:
      > I need a favor for my friend Peter. I need to check out Max
      Gisberg in the
      > 1900 New Jersey census. That's all I know. I need to know
      everything about
      > the people he's with and the people around him, any other Gisbergs
      or
      > Gusbergs that could be on that page.
      >

      > Paula Anne Baker
      > paulabaker69@h...
      > Researching BAKER, MANNING, TYSON, STOCKS AND OTHERS in Pitt
      County NC and