Genealogy.com/1900 census/need a favor

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2003
      I need a favor for my friend Peter. I need to check out Max Gisberg in the
      1900 New Jersey census. That's all I know. I need to know everything about
      the people he's with and the people around him, any other Gisbergs or
      Gusbergs that could be on that page.

      Paula Anne Baker
      paulabaker69@...
      Greene County NC

    • rlnagle
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
        Paula,
        I have a little more information on the 1900 Bayonne 2nd Ward (3rd
        precinct), Hudson Co., New Jersey Census that may (or may not) help
        your friend.

        The census taker came up with their own numbering system (joy of
        joys)...the following were all in the same dwelling # 245/246 (the
        actual street address is 23 19th Street). The census taker
        has "double numbers" for column 1 Dwelling and Families visited in
        column 2.

        The following were physically located in the same dwelling - I am
        only listing the "heads" and if your friend wants additional info,
        just let me know!

        Page 134A
        line 23; family 431/444: Hyman, Isaac
        line 31; family 432/445: Jerba, Antonio
        line 34; family 433/446: Jasovski, Nathan
        line 43; family 434/447: Slotski, Joseph
        line 48; family 435/448: Dosdeitz, Benjamin

        Page 134B (continued)
        line 51; family 435/448: Silbeback, Samuel
        line 52; family 436/449: Potash, Jacob
        line 57; family 437/450: Vidosz, John
        line 60; family 438/451: Gisberg, Max

        ----the next house is 21 19th Street----Dwelling 246/247----
        It also contained multiple families and the census taker continued
        their "creative numbering system"

        Hope this helps!
        Becky

        --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Paula Baker" <paulabaker69@h...>
        wrote:
        > I need a favor for my friend Peter. I need to check out Max
        Gisberg in the
        > 1900 New Jersey census. That's all I know. I need to know
        everything about
        > the people he's with and the people around him, any other Gisbergs
        or
        > Gusbergs that could be on that page.
        >

        > Paula Anne Baker
        > paulabaker69@h...
        > Researching BAKER, MANNING, TYSON, STOCKS AND OTHERS in Pitt
        County NC and