[genpcfr] Re: SURNAMES w/signatures

  • Marian Sarantha
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 4, 1999
      Hi, Jewelle, would love to comply with your request. On another list
      someone explained how to create the block of text (of surnames) that could
      be accessed when needed for a specific e-mail. If you or someone else knows
      how to do this, could you let us know? I've already created a hand-written
      list but there surely is a better way to speed the process. Thanks a lot.
      Marian Sarantha

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 5, 1999
        Hello Marian...
        I notice that you use Outlook Express... I have that but rarely use it...
        and am not familiar with it. However, I'm sure there is an automatic
        addition function there w/your signature.
        I use Eudora Light ... click Tools, click Signature, click either
        Alternate or Standard to have the tag added.... but... I really find
        it easier just to "copy & paste" my Main SURNAMES.
        Perhaps someone else knows a better way???????
        Don't mean this to be a 'burdon' on anyone... the idea is only to keep our
        SURNAMES 'up-front' for easier contact.
        Jewelle

        Main Surnames:
        BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,
        McGLOHON, WINGATE etc
        Visit PCFR Website:
        http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/1908/index.html

        >From: "Marian Sarantha" <marians@...>
        >To: <genpcfr@egroups.com>
        >Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 00:02:07 -0700
        >At 12:02 AM 3/5/99 -0700, you wrote:
        >Hi, Jewelle, would love to comply with your request. On another list
        >someone explained how to create the block of text (of surnames) that could
        >be accessed when needed for a specific e-mail. If you or someone else knows
        >how to do this, could you let us know? I've already created a hand-written
        >list but there surely is a better way to speed the process. Thanks a lot.
        >Marian Sarantha

        <snip>

      • psmartoc
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 5, 1999
          Why don't you all go to
          http://www.genrecords.com and download a cemetery abstract form.....
          Carol P. Martoccia
          903 East Fifth Street
          Greenville, NC 27858
          Pridgen Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Meadows/6297
          Pridgen Archives: http://searches.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/listsearch.pl

        • Everettcj@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 5, 1999
            In a message dated 03/05/1999 1:17:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            psmartoc@... writes:

            << Why don't you all go to http://www.genrecords.com and download a
            cemetery abstract form..... >>

            I tried to, Carol, but when I clicked on the cemetery records, all I got was a
            blank screen. What did I do wrong?

            Carol Riner Everett

          • psmartoc
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 5, 1999
              I have no clue what is wrong with the site. I went to it too and downloaded
              a totally unreadable form..Dah....I just revisited it and you have to
              download Acrobat Reader to decipher the stuff.

              Btw, those of you planning to attend the Heritage Road Show Seminar on
              March 24th 8:30-4:30...Did you know the site of the meeting has been changed.

              Below is a note we received from Martin County organizer Jennifer
              Shepherd. Also, Betsey, that isn't on the Martin County webpage...
              Contact shepjr@... for address to send the $30.00 to....I sent
              my application blank in and don't haave a copy of the address.

              Due to circumstances beyond our control
              >>>we've had to change the LOCATION ONLY of the Road Show. EVERYTHING ELSE
              IS
              >>>THE SAME!!! It will be at the Williamston Lions Club, (commonly referred
              >>>here as the "Scout Hut", 117 S. Smithwick St, downtown (252) 792-0534. If
              >>>you know where the R & C Resturant is, the scout hut is behind that (at
              >>>least the parking lot is). There will be ample parking for everyone, an
              >>>improvement over campus parking!
              >>>
              >>>Coming into town you would take the exit to Main Street going directly
              >>>uptown, to Smithwick Street, which, if you come in off 64East onto main
              >>>street, you will turn right onto Smithwick St, at the third stoplight, as
              >>>you turn you will see White's Heating & Sheet Metal Works on your left
              and
              >>>the scout hut is catey corner, from that across the street.

              Hope to see you there.
              Carol Martoccia
              Carol P. Martoccia
              MY LlNES:PRIDGEN,LOFTIN,BRIGHT,GRAY,GRAVES,RUFFIN,BROWN,BATTEN,
              PITTMAN,HOLLAND,HARPER,BRUTON,WILLIAMS,OATES,LEWIS
              HUSBAND'S LINES:MARTOCCIA,DAVIDSON,ELLIS,FERGUSON,GILES,HARDEMAN,
              HARDING,HYSEL,MENEFEE,PERKINS,VIVIAN,BROWER,CHEEVER,DEMING,TREAT,
              FROST,GRISWOLD, HOWLAND, HUSTON, LAUNCE, LEWIS,PAYNE,PENDLETON SHERMAN,
              SMITH, STOUTENBOURGH,THACKER, TILLEY, UNDERHILL

            • WAdams9679@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 5, 1999
                Carol,

                I think you have to have Adobe to be able to download the forms.

                Wanda Adams
                SUTTON, SMITH, BLOUNT, LANG, REYNOLDS

              • Gloria Taylor
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 5, 1999
                  Carol,
                  Thanks for the URL. Good information there and good forms. Thanks. Gloria
                  >Instantly store & access your valuable PC files on the net,
                  >from any Web browser.
                  >SIGN UP NOW - http://offers.egroups.com/click/235/0
                  >
                  >eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/genpcfr

                • Larry Cobb
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 5, 1999
                    Carol,
                    The file is in PDF format and opens with Acrobat Reader. If you don't
                    have Acrobat Reader you probably can't open it.

                    Larry Cobb

                    Researching: COBB, CORBITT, PARKERSON, HARDEE, JONES, LLEWELLYN, BRILEY, MOORE.

                  • Slowm@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 6, 1999
                      This message is for Larry Cobb. Which branch of Brileys are you researching?
                      Bea Hudson,
                      Hampton, VA