Re: [genpcncfir] Discussion of InterMarriages

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2003
      Dear Robert, Thanks so much for your research. With
      each state being a law unto itself in civil matters,
      it's impossible to make blanket statements about
      marriages. One state's restriction is another's
      license. It is also interesting to consider changes in
      laws over time. I don't know about N.C., of course,
      since I was a child when I moved to Virginia, but I
      have seen many changes in the laws here. That's what
      makes genealogy and history so exciting, though.
      Policy and law reflects the feelings and beliefs of
      the people, and these derive from experiences,
      circumstances, and advances in knowledge as well as in
      population characteristics. Later, Carol

      http://www.cuddleinternational.org/laws/laws-explained.html

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • Winack27@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2003
        I lost the state laws on this that someone sent to the list.
        Would you please send them again? I really would appreciate it.
        Anne
        (If you don`t want to post them again, just send to me}

      • robertlcapps
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2003
          I think this is what you were referring to ....just check out the site.

          Marilyn Capps
          robertlcapps@...