Re: Need Help Cherry/Taylor

  • liz_sparrow
    Message 1 of 11 , May 29, 2003
      Thanks, Margaret and Edith. Good to chat with both of you again.
      Does anyone know where James and Winny Jinkens/Jenkins Parker may be
      buried? She was born in 1798, was married in 1828, and was the
      daughter of Charles Jinkins who was from Pitt Co. Does anyone know
      of a Jenkins graveyard? Liz

      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Edith Cox" <edieanne@e...> wrote:
      > Margaret,
      > Anything is possible but according to my research James Parker was
      born
      > about 1786 in Edgecombe Co, the son of Francis Parker (1744-c 1794)
      and
      > Candace Zada Powell (1762-1793). "James & Milly Parker, orphans of
      Francis
      > Parker" had guardian appointed in Edgecombe Co. Court Nov. 1794. A
      James
      > Parker married Sally Tison bef 1820. (DB BB-187 Pitt Co.) I think I
      remember
      > in Edgecombe Co. I certainly don't have this etched in stone as of
      yet.
      > Edith

      Parker
      > and
      > > second wife, Winny Jenkins. They show up in the 1850 census with
      > > daughter, possibly my Mary Jane Parker, 1st wife of Joab Tyson!
      Ages do
      > not
      > > check at all, but I haven't found anything better! In the 1850
      census
      > there
      > > is another James Parker and his wife Mary. Believe that this was
      the one
      > > "born in 1807, died in 1869". Both of these James Parkers have a
      set of
      > > twins living in their households in 1850. Could James, husband
      of Mary,
      > be
      > > the son of James, husband of Sally and then Winny ? Several
      people seem
      > > consider that these two James Parkers were one and the same, but
      according
      > > to the census, there were two of them. I would like to know the
      origins
      > of
      > > both of them. My Tyson family seemed to be involved with the
      younger
      > James
      > > and his family throughout the years according to various
      > scources.....deeds,
      > > buyer lists of estates, newspaper articles, etc. Anybody know
      anything
      > > about these two men?
      > >
      > > Margaret
      > >

      > > Click here for current information on Pitt County Historical
      Society:

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/