Re: [genpcncfir] CHRONICLES RePrint

    Message 1 of 4 , May 28, 2003
      Dear Jewelle, Are you still taking family information
      for an up-dated version of the Chronicles? To whom
      would I send information on my families? What is the
      deadline? Is there a projected availability date?
      Also, can you check at the courthouse in Greenville
      for me to see if you can find a death
      certificate/record for my great grandmother, Jacky Ann
      McGowan? She was born around 1849. After her daughter,
      Jennie Secession McGowan married Alfred Worthington
      (1871), Jacky Ann made her home with them. Mama said
      that Great Grandma Jacky died when she was about 12
      years old. That would mean that Jacky died around 1924
      or 1925, depending upon the time of year in relation
      to Mama's June 5th birth date. She was born Jacky Ann
      McGowan. Her parents were Lemuel McGowan and Paulina
      [Perlina, Mama said] Moore. Mama said that Perlina's
      last name was Ward. In either case, I am quite sure
      that the death record would contain correct
      information on her parents--assuming that Grandma
      Jennie [Jenny} filled it out. My other interest in
      obtaining Great Grandma Jacky's death certificate is
      that I do not know where she was buried. I have not
      found her in any of my online searches. I also never
      found a marriage record for her--in the 1880 census
      she and daughter Jennie are living in the household of
      her parents, Lemuel and Paulina McGowan. There Lemuel
      identifies Jennie as his granddaughter. I would be
      grateful for any information you can pass along.
      Thanks so much, Carol

      http://calendar.yahoo.com