FYI * DAR Acqisition * NHS's Collection

    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2003
      Hello Group...
      The below is a follow-up to one of our discussions last Spring. To
      quote from Eric G.
      Grundset:
      " We hope that your members interested in French Huguenot ancestors will
      come to the DAR Library and use this important addition to our holdings."

      May 22, 2003

      The DAR Library receives a gift of the National Huguenot Society Library.

      Following an agreement signed in early April 2003, the National Huguenot
      Society, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, has donated the contents
      of its entire library to the DAR Library in Washington, D.C. The collection,
      naturally, focuses on the history and genealogy of French Huguenot
      immigrants to the American colonies and the story of Protestants in France.
      Previously, the library has been housed in NHS's office and was only
      accessible in a very limited fashion. NHS wanted the materials to be placed
      in a large genealogical library and approached the DAR in late 2002. The
      Washington location will place the collection near some of the areas on the
      east coast that received large Huguenot populations in the 17th and 18th
      centuries.

      The DAR Library will begin to catalog and arrange the collection in the near
      future. All holdings will appear in the DAR Library's catalog (www.dar.org).
      The books will remain a separate special collection within the library and
      be called The National Huguenot Society Collection. Members of the NHS will
      have complete access to the collection and free access to the DAR Library
      for the next ten years with presentation of a NHS membership card.

      Eric G. Grundset
      Library Director
      DAR Library
      1776 D St., N.W.
      Washington, DC 20006-5303
      202-879-3313 (phone)
      202-879-3227 (fax)
      egrundset@...

      Keep the above in mind, Group, when you plan your
      ancestor-treks'!
      Jewelle

      jewellebaker@...
      jewelle@...
      Main SURNAMES:
      BAKER; CANNON; COX; JACKSON; McGLOHON's (all sp's);
      WINGATE

      GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In Research
      (serving all Eastern/Coastal NC Counties)

      eMail Scan by NAV & Certified Virus Free