[genpcfr] VENTERS

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 1999
      Hello again Ron...
      In Household #894-900, Buck's Distric, 1850 Census listed below:
      VENTERS, Washington age 39 Farmer/1350
      Sophia A.(BUCK) 38
      Benj. F. 14 In school
      Geo. W. 12 "
      Sophia E. 10
      Gillany 8 f. "
      Jno. C. 6 "
      Julia F. 4
      Augusta 2 f.

      then in the DUDLEY Household 1260-1267 there are 3 VENTRIS/VENTERS listed.

      Any connections????

      Jewelle

      Main Surnames:
      BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,
      McGLOHON, WINGATE etc
      Visit PCFR Website:
      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Troy/1908/index.html

      >From: venterrc@...
      >To: genpcfr@egroups.com
      >Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 17:57:24 -0000
      >Subject: [genpcfr] new member
      >
      >Iam a new member of this groop at this point. Don't know much about this
      genealogy thing. I am retired from DuPont, am just getting started on my
      family tree. Don't know much of anything about the Venters side of my
      family . My grandfather was Thomas W Venters b: 8-6-1882 d: 9-18-1935,
      before I was born. His wife was Reba Harris b: 2-4-1886 d: 4-11-1961. I
      know where they are buried but that is all. Looking for any info at all.
      Don't know a lot about computers. I have just got mine so I am not to
      perficent on it. Ron

    • Brenda Stocks
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 1999
        Hi Jewelle,
        Three of the children listed below in the George Washington Venters family
        married into my Stokes family. George Washington Venters, Jr. m. Mary
        Stokes(dau. of Hardy Stokes); Gillany Venters m. Blount Stokes (son of Hardy
        Stokes); and Augusta
        Venters m. Edward Venters(son of Thomas Stokes).
        Some of them are buried in a cemetery right on 102 between Stokestown and
        Calico on the right side of the rd. going toward Calico.
        Welcome Ron. There are a lot of Venters in that area.

        Brenda Davis Stocks
        DAVIS, COX, STOKES, STOCKS, TRIPP, HARDEE, HARPER, ADAMS