Re: Mills (Cox?) family in Chicod

  • rlnagle
    Message 1 of 8 , May 6, 2003
      I am still trying to locate their marriage certificate/location. I
      know from the 1900 census that they were married 2 years at the time
      the census was taken. Colquitt Co., GA does not have a record of
      their marriage.

      I have Thomas' WWI draft registration and it did not list the
      parents names (and apparently he does not have a SSN).

      Thank you for the suggestion and I will keep trying!

      Message 2 of 8 , May 6, 2003
        Hi again. I checked http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr
        website of the Pitt Co. Family Researchers and
        Ancestry.com Neither of these had your Nasby. You
        might go on line at http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr
        and look through the resources which include cemetery
        records, land records, and the Eastern and Daily
        Reflector Index put together by Roger Kammerer.
        There's a good chance you'll find your answers there.
        The Index goes from 1882 until 1906 There are several
        generations giving Nasby Mills on Ancestry.com but not
        your Nasby. The name is common in Pitt, having
        apparently been passed down through many generations.
        You might also check the Brides Index compiled by
        Levis Churchill; I located it at Sheppard Library in
        Greenville. It was compiled in 2002. You can check
        online with The Joyner Library, N.C. Archives at East
        Carolina University going through the rootsweb site.
        You can check with Maurice York, the librarian, about
        the book. You can get Joyner Library holdings sent to
        you through interlibrary loan from your public
        library. Sorry I could not be more helpful at this
        time. Carol

        http://search.yahoo.com
      • rlnagle
        Message 3 of 8 , May 6, 2003
          I am going crazy with all of the Nasby Mills!

          Does anyone recognize this family of Mills found on the 1850 that
          contains a Nasby of the right age and possible father of my Thomas
          Haywood?

          1850 Census,
          (Tafts) Haddock's Dist., Pitt, NC, Roll M32-641;
          image 44 of 53 on ancestry.com;
          page 42, lines 37-43

          Mills, Luke, age 48
          Mills, Sydney (Brooks?), age 50
          Mills, Ann A., age 15
          Mills, James (S. or H.?), age 13
          Mills, Gatsey G.?, age 12
          Mills, William (S. or A.?), age 9
          Mills, Nasby, age 7

          I've seen part of this family on ancestry.com, but nothing
          conclusive for the lineage of this Nasby...I think I'm the only one
          out here who is searching or trying to document this family!!!

          As much as I'd hate hearing it, even a "your barking up the wrong
          tree" would help at this point by eliminating potentials...

          Thanks everyone for helping - I live in metro Atlanta and my
          resources are limited.

          Rebecca

          --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, Carol Singh

        • feonadorf@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 6, 2003
            I think your Thomas H Mills, was the son of Nasby and Sarah Elizabeth Cox
            Mills, making him the grandchild of Luke B and Sydney Brooks Mills.

            Lisa

          • L D Smith
            Message 5 of 8 , May 6, 2003
              if you give me his name and date of birth i can find his ssn for you if he
              had one. a lot of them are NOT listed in death indexes, etc.
              david

              "dream like you will live forever; live as though you may die tomorrow."

              From: "rlnagle" <rlnagle@...>
              To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: [genpcncfir] Re: Mills (Cox?) family in Chicod
              Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 18:27:20 -0000