NC Disallowed Claims 1874

  • BJMarkland@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2003
      I have just uploaded the images and index for NC Disallowed Claims of the
      Southern Claims Commission for the year 1874. There are approximately 160
      claims included.

      Claims from the following NC counties are present:
      Beaufort, Bladen, Buncombe, Burke, Caldwell, Carteret, Chatham, Cherokee,
      Craven, Currituck, Cumberland, Dare, Davidson, Davie, Edgecombe, Forsyth,
      Gaston, Gates, Greene, Henderson, Hertford, Hyde, Johnston, Lenoir, Lincoln,
      Madison, Martin, New Hanover, Orange, Pasquotank, Richmond, Rowan,
      Rutherford, Stokes, Transylvania, Wake, Watauga, Wayne, Wilkes, Yadkin

      In addition, I corrected a mistake and uploaded the image from the 1873
      claims, page 329 which somehow I had missed.

      The quality of the copies was worse than the previous images and page 521 is
      pretty bad. That was from the page itself. I have discovered that one
      microfilm copier in KC does a much nicer job than the other. I will be using
      the "good" one on subsequent ventures in which image quality is desired.

      The site URL is:

      <A HREF="http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~familyinformation/">http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~familyinformation/</A>

      The index is under the "NEW" section.

      By the way, I am sending this to the Martin, Dobbs, Pitt, Davidson, Rowan and
      NCNR lists. If anyone wishes to forward this to others, they have my
      permission in advance.

      Also, if you have problems reaching the site initially, give it a few minutes
      then try again. You may also wish to copy and paste the URL above into your
      browser address window. I did check with Rootsweb and on some of the days
      people had problems accessing the site, the internet traffic report,

      <A HREF="http://www.internettrafficreport.com/namerica.htm">http://www.internettrafficreport.com/namerica.htm</A>

      showed sharp increases in latency (delays) due to internet usage and / or
      network issues.

      Best of wishes,

      Billy