Re: [genpcncfir] Re: Another WELCOME to GenPCNCFIR

  • Tracy Stancil/mail.hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2003
      Interesting reading about your ancestors from Pitt County. I have no known connections but just thought I'd mention one thing to you. While I am not sure, I would think that Sam Truss Sr. may have actually come to Pitt from the Norfolk County, VA area. There were apparently some Trusses in Norfolk during the 1700's. Many other Pitt County families also came from there. It might be worth looking into.
      Someone has claimed in an on line posting that Samuel Sr of Pitt County was the son of a Samuel Truss and wife Sarah Cavanaugh from VA. You might want to write to her to see if there is any validity to that claim. Do an Ancestry or Rootsweb search for Truss and/or Samuel Truss and you should be able to find the person I'm talking about. Sorry, can't remember the persons name right now.