[genpcfr] re: Quarterly

  • Mary Jane Poole
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 2 2:47 AM
      I just got mine today thank you. It is a very nice one.

      Mary Jane
      Grant Dickerson

    • pasmith@ntwrks.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 10 8:56 AM
        Have all Quarterlies been mailed? I still have not received mine.

        Phil Smith

      • feonadorf@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 16 11:40 PM
          This letter is in regards to the most recent Quarterly, I see that
          there is a McGowen will, and was wondering whose will it might be.
          I have just send in for my membership, but was wondering in the mean
          time if someone would fill me in.

          Thanks,
          Lisa
        • Elizabeth Ross
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 17 11:27 AM
            Lisa,

            Will of John McGowen [McGowan], written 1868. Wife Catherine L. McGowen;
            sons George A., Lemuel, William, Arch D. McGowen.

            Note: I think (conjecture) this is the same John (b. ca 1789) who md. Rachel
            Teel, who would have been the mother of his children. Catherine looks like a
            late-in-life second wife. If so, there were 2 other sons who must have died
            before 1868--they aren't named in the will: John T. and Burton McGowan.
            [Source: 1850 census]

            I know you'll enjoy your subscription!

            Betsy Ross

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 18 12:11 AM
              Betsy,

              Thanks for the response.  Would  you  happen to know   Who John was the son
              of?
              I haven't ever been able to place this John McGowan.

              Sincerely,
              Lisa

            • Sue Jones Overton
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 5, 2007
                It just goes to show you that patience is a virtue-so my Grandma Kittrell always told me. Got the quarterly just now, and it was very well done. Thanks!

                D.Sue