Re: [genpcncfir] Downtown Greenville (see 2nd paragraph)

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2003
      Hi again. I'll get back to you on the Hotel Proctor. I
      believe that Mama said the chain was started by the
      Ward Family. They expanded to Rocky Mount. I think
      also that there is information in the online Eastern
      and Daily Reflector articles for which Roger Kammerer
      created a digest that I have practically dissected. I
      hand-copied much of it and sent for articles from the
      Joyner Library that did a fantastic job of getting
      them to me and of xeroxing them so that I could avoid
      the eye and back strain of reading the microfilm in
      the Joyner Library. Later, Carol

      === message truncated ===

      http://search.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2003
        It was the Bland Hotel Chain I was thinking of. The
        Bland Hotel information is in the online Eastern
        Reflector articles abstracted by Roger Kammerer at
        http://www.rootsweb.com/~ncpcfr The Hotel Proctor
        history is recounted in the reprinted Pitt County
        Chronicles; I just picked up my copy this week in
        Greenville from Liz Sparrow. I'll continue to look for
        more contemporary information on the hotel Proctor for
        you. Carol