[genpcfr] Re: Researching LASSITER,BRIGHT,UZZELL,ETC.

  • Mary Jane Poole
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 1999
      Dear Rose,

      It's me, Mary Jane again. I have a family, Jackson Grant from Greene Co who
      went to Lenoir Co via Tobe Grant sometime before 1913. That's when and where
      he applied for a marriage license for my Grandfather, Daniel Dickerson and
      Myrtle Grant. Tobe was the father of Myrtle and his wife's name was Winnie. I
      know that Jackson was for sure from Greene Co.

      My Dickerson line was at one time in Pitt Co., 1900 census. They then moved to
      Lenoir Co by 1913 when the marriage license was applied for. I have found a
      W.S. Dickerson marrying a Julia Bright in 1883, Beaufort Co and I'm trying to
      connect them to Daniel Dickerson in Lenoir as stated above.

      Does this help on your project? I'm sure at this time there is nothing as
      illustrious as DAR material in my lines as of yet. Who knows, maybe one day.

      Mary Jane Poole

      Rose Parks wrote:

      > If the names you mentioned tie in to mine in any way, I do not know about
      > it. I am not a member of PCFR, only a member of this online group. In fact,
      > I don't know that any of my family went to Pitt either but was told that
      > there were several researching these names. I put out this feeler to see if
      > I get any response. Most of the surnames I am not familiar with, but hope to
      > receive a response to some of my surnames.
      > Rose Parks

    • Rose Parks
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2, 1999
        Mary Jane
        Trying to answer your three notes received but since Mary Bright was born
        about 1730
        I just haven't gotten the generations down that far except for my line
        through their daughter Sarah who married Gershom Wiggins.
        But Col Simon Bright (the oldest one we know about in this line) was born in
        Beaufort/ Hyde Co. or at least lived there most of his childhood before he
        and Willaim came to Craven, then Simon came on into Lenoir. i am sending a
        short descendant chart of what I have found on them and most is from William
        D. Bennetts manuscript in NC State Library, but it only deals with the
        Lenoir line in any detail and quite early too.
        Descendants of John Bright

        1 John Bright b: Abt. 1660 d: 1720 in Beaufort Co., NC
        . +Elizabeth b: 1680 d: 1744 in Craven Co. NC
        .. 2 Richard Bright b: Abt. 1694 d: 1731 in Beaufort Co., NC
        ....... 3 James Bright b: Abt. 1715
        ....... 3 Simon Bright b: Abt. 1718
        .. 2 Henry Bright b: Abt. 1695 d: in Beaufort Co., NC
        .. 2 Simon Bright, Col. b: Abt. 1695 in Beaufort Co. NC? d: 1777 in
        Dobbs/Craven Co., NC
        ...... +? Hodges
        ....... 3 Mary Bright b: Abt. 1730 d: Aft. 1789 in New Hanover County,
        North Carolina
        ........... +Benjamin Herring b: 1720 in Bertie Precinct, North Carolina m:
        Abt. 1750 in Johnston County, North Carolina d: 1789 in New Hanover Co. NC
        ....... 3 Simon Bright, Jr. (Capt.) b: 1734 in Craven/Dobbs County, NC d:
        December 1777 in Dobbs County, NC
        ........... +Mary Graves b: Abt. 1740 in Craven Co., NC? m: Abt. 1766 in
        Craven County/Dobbs, NC d: 1836 in Lenoir Co. NC
        ....... 3 James Bright b: 1750 d: 1819
        ....... 3 Elizabeth Bright b: 1745 in Johnston Co.?Lenoir, NC
        ........... +Francis Harper m: Abt. 1760
        .. 2 Mary Bright b: Abt. 1698 in Beaufort Co. NC?
        ...... +William Wynn m: Bef. 1720
        .. 2 James Bright b: Abt. 1700 d: 1735 in Beaufort Co. NC?
        ...... +Anna
        .. 2 William Bright b: Abt. 1702 in Beaufort Co. NC? d: 1754 in Craven
        Co., NC
        ...... +Ann (Stockwell?)
        ....... 3 Stockwell Bright b: 1728 in Craven Co., NC d: Bef. March 1791
        in Craven Co.,NC
        ....... 3 Ann Bright b: 1729
        ........... +? Nelson
        ....... 3 Mary Bright b: 1730
        ........... +Francis Nickles m: Bef. 1761 in NC
        ....... 3 Susanna Bright b: 1732
        ....... 3 Eleanor Bright b: 1736
        .. 2 Lydia Bright b: Abt. 1704 in Beaufort Co. NC?
        ...... +? Handcock
        ....... 3 Elizabeth Handcock
        ....... 3 Mary Handcock
        .. 2 John Bright, Jr. b: Abt. 1705 in Beaufort Co. NC?

        All of my material goes some past 1830 or so and that's about it. But we'll
        work on it.