Whitehurst

  • rickbryjas2000
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 21, 2003
      Diane, I do not know if that is the same William in the 1850 census.
      I have his children as William Ann b.1862, Mary Jane b.1867, James
      Henry (my great-grandfather)b. 1869, Lydia Ann E. b.1870, Artimisy b.
      1894. Do you have this? Carolyn
      Main Surnames:
      Whitehurst, Manning, Randolph, Briley, Demuth
    • Diane Whitehurst Collins
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 22, 2003
        Carolyn,I found them on the On the 15 June 1880 census, he was living in Belvoir township, Pitt County, NC. His occupation was farmer, and his age was 43. His wife Eliza J. was age 47. Children living with them were: Mary J. Whitehurst, 18William Ann, 17, and her husband James Moore, 18Lidyann E. Whitehurst, 12Artimesia Whitehurst, 9
        I also have James Henry, born in November 1867 and died 9 November 1930; married to Allie E. Warren.
        Diane

        rickbryjas2000 <rickbryjas@...> wrote:Diane, I do not know if that is the same William in the 1850 census.
        I have his children as William Ann b.1862, Mary Jane b.1867, James
        Henry (my great-grandfather)b. 1869, Lydia Ann E. b.1870, Artimisy b.
        1894. Do you have this? Carolyn
        Main Surnames:
        Whitehurst, Manning, Randolph, Briley, Demuth

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        Click here for current information on Pitt County Historical Society: http://www.pittcountyhistoricalsociety.com/

        Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form: http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm

        GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 22, 2003
          Yes this would be his family. I have Allie parents as William Warren b. 1854
          and Jane Amanda James b. 1870. William's parents as Richard Warren b. 1817
          and Rebecca Brown. Do you have this? Carolyn

        • rickbryjas2000
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 22, 2003
            Diane, This would be James Henry's family in 1880. I have Allie
            Warren's parents as William L.Warren b. 1854 and Jane Amanda James b.
            1870. She was the daughter of Coucil James and Absley ? I have
            William's parents as Richard Henry Warren b. 1817 and Rebecca Brown.
            Do you have this? Carolyn
          • Diane Whitehurst Collins

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 5, 2009
                Anyone researching WHITEHURST family of Pitt and Edgecombe Counties. I am working with a WILLIAMS researcher from OHIO who is interested in a joint effort. She is particularly interested in ARTHUR  and his children. I have some information which I am glad to share.
                Thanks. Martha-Gay  Morton

              • Alfred Stokes
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 7, 2009
                  Martha,

                  My grandfather (mother's father) was a Whitehurst of Pitt County. In tracing his ancestry, I have come across at least one Arthur Whitehurst who I believe was a brother of my great, great grandfather Batson Whitehurst of Pitt County. Can you give me more information to go on such as approximate dates of birth/death and/or his children's names and their dates?

                  Fred Stokes

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 9, 2009
                    The following is the only Whitehurst information I have.  I do not research this name.  This information came from a family Bible.

                    Robert Dorsey Whitehurst married Anna Malina Gregory

                    Robert had brothers Samuel and Benjamin

                    Anna had a brother Kirk

                    Robert and Anna had children Mayhue H., Raymond, Wilmer C., Nadine and Helen

                    There were no dates listed.   Mayhue Whitehurst married Murriel Christine Bryant.  She was born in 1914.  She was from the Conetoe area.   This is who owned the Bible.

                    Judy

                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 10, 2009
                      I found a photo of an ETHEL WHITEHURST in my grandmother's papers.  She is in the photo with one of my relatives, Vera Williams, Craven County, NC.  If anyone knows who this Ethel Whitehurst is, her husband's name, etc.  I am interested.  I will also send a copy of the photo to any of her relatives.  I believe the time frame to be around 1910.

                      Linda Dail - Researching: ALLEN, ALEXANDER, BERRY, DAIL,DEAL, EXUM, FORREST, HASELDEN,HUNNINGS, McCOTTER, SANDERS, SPEIGHT,TURNAGE, WILLIAMS

                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 15, 2009
                        I have researched the Whitehurst family and published a book.  Have your friend contact me and I will share with her all that I have on her line.

                      • claude.white@comcast.net
                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 16, 2009
                          Does any of your research on the Whitehurst families from Pitt and Edgecombe include any of the African-American Whitehursts which I am researching?