[genpcfr] PCFR Quarterly

  • Janice TRIPP Gurganus
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 11:18 AM
      quarterly, here's a much better description than I could have ever offered.
      It comes from Betsy Ross, our PCFR Quarterly production assistant.

      "The Pitt County Genealogical Quarterly, published by the Pitt County Family
      Researchers, Inc., is available by subscription at $20/year. The Quarterly
      has as its purpose the dissemination of resource material of value to
      genealogical research in Pitt and, within reason, adjoining counties.

      "The articles come from contributions by members, subscribers, or interested
      persons, of Bible Records, documents located in private collections
      (Archives, Manuscript Collections, etc.), tax records, wills, old
      newspapers, and other primary resources. Copyrighted information is not
      acceptable unless proof of permission from the copyright holder is provided.

      "Fair use guidelines dictate further that credit be given to the
      contributor/transcriber. Family histories or other compilations are usually
      rejected on the grounds that they are secondary, rather than primary
      resources, and frequently contain undocumentable information and/or
      conjecture on the part of the compiler.

      "The Table of Contents of all issues through 1998 are displayed on our
      website, and can give the visitor a good overview of the kinds of documents
      most often sought. Go to: http://www.geocities.com/Athen/Troy/1908/ "

      For subscription information, please contact me privately.

      Janice Tripp Gurganus
      PCFR Assistant Secretary
      janicegurganus@...
      Main surnames: TRIPP, TURNER, MOYE, HARRIS, BELL, NICHOLS, DAIL, BARBER,
      CANNON, SUTTON, FRIZZELLE, VINCENT