Re: [genpcncfir] Worthington

  • Jean
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 4, 2003
      As of yet I have not found a connection between the Baltimore Worthingtons (who appear to be originally Worthingtons from England) and the Worthingtons (Witheringtons) from Calvert Co, MD. There may be a relationship so will add this to my collection.

      Jean
      jow@...
      We all have ancestors buried in our past
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 4, 2003
        i'm a craven county boy, and as far as weatherington/wetherington goes,
        there are a ton of them there in the western part of the county. even an
        historic home (c1840 i think) still standing. all i can dish for right now,
        but you may have a new can of worms.
        david

        "dream like you will live forever; live as though you may die tomorrow."

        From: Carol Singh <csinghworthington@...>
        To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:52:52 -0800 (PST)

        Yes, that is possible. Since I haven't found where he
        is buried, I don't know. Even so, the problem would be
        that he would be listed by his initials rather than by
        his name. Was Lewis W. also a minister? I'm still
        attacking this nut, and it's going to be a hard one to
        crack. Why did our ancestors persist in initialling
        everybody! Carol

        http://tax.yahoo.com
        he

        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 7, 2003
          Dear Jean, I pulled John McGowan's information off his
          webpage last week. You might contact him. The link is
          Robert Worthington. Carol
          --- Jean <jow@...> wrote:
          > As of yet I have not found a connection between the
          > Baltimore Worthingtons (who appear to be originally
          > Worthingtons from England) and the Worthingtons
          > (Witheringtons) from Calvert Co, MD. There may be a
          > relationship so will add this to my collection.
          >
          > Jean
          > jow@...
          > We all have ancestors buried in our past

          http://tax.yahoo.com
        • Jean
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
            Carol,

            Do you have his website address?

            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
              Dear Jean, Forgive my delay in getting back to you.
              Bill's email address is not exactly like his name, and
              it's been a few months since I wrote him. I forgot his
              email name; therefore, I could not access his address
              from my files. Fortunately, I knew for certain that I
              had it and kept trying to figure out what his name
              was. Okay, here goes. wbk@... Bill usually
              sets aside a number of hours for email only and might
              not get to you right away. You can also contact Roger
              Kammerer RKammerer@... (I think he's now on
              hotmail--was the last time I checked) In the meantime
              I'll access my online files and get back to you with
              the answers I find there. I have the Hardee line in a
              folder on my hotmail. Carol

              http://tax.yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003

                http://tax.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                  Dear Jean, Richard Welch emailed me from Florida. His
                  wife's family descends from Obelia (He says I spelled
                  her name incorrectly!) Hardee from Charles Heber
                  Hardee, my Papa Charlie. His email is
                  rwelch3@... Tell him, please, that I gave
                  you his email. He wrote me that he would be glad to
                  answer my questions as he has researched this family
                  because of his interest in his wife's relatives. I'll
                  get back to you with my own information shortly.
                  Thanks, Carol

                  http://tax.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                    Jean, I have the information you wanted. Catherine
                    Letitia Hardee was born in 1914 and died in 1916; she
                    was buried in Red Banks Primitive Baptist Church
                    Cemetery. Delma Hardee was born in 1912 and died in
                    1912. She was also buried at Red Banks. Bernice L.W.
                    Hardee was born in 1915 and died in 1915. The online
                    source does not give the place of burial. The source
                    is Lisa Scarola's website. Since Lisa is consistently
                    updating her web, I imagine that she simply hasn't
                    gotten around to adding the rest of the Hardee
                    information. I noticed that the Charles Heber Hardee
                    information was updated in June 2001. I've just been
                    in touch with Cousin Lisa with additional Braxton
                    information. Others researchers, like me, may also
                    send information only when we've been able to fill
                    large gaps in our own families. It would make sense,
                    then, for Lisa also to add information in bulk instead
                    of piecemeal. That probably explains her frequent
                    updates and any lag time between her receipt of
                    information and her adding it to her web. Since I'm
                    not a computer whiz, it's so much easier for me to let
                    Lisa's web serve as my own comprehensive research
                    source. Because of the complexity of my family
                    histories, it makes much more sense to me to pass
                    along my discoveries to Lisa for her to integrate with
                    her other sources. Alone, I'm only one source. Because
                    of the co-operation among all of us, we are able to
                    learn from one another and to help each other. Through
                    Lisa, you, and all my other research correspondents,
                    I've come to know my family and to meet family members
                    whom I would never otherwise have known. Additionally,
                    I know that others who reach deadends in their
                    research know from their own experience how I feel
                    when I reach that point in my own. I'm going to do a
                    quick check for you now on Cousin Nyron and get back
                    to you shortly. Carol

                    === message truncated ===

                    http://tax.yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                      Dear Jean, I apparently did not store my Hardee files
                      on my email site. I'm checking online resources again
                      and will get back to you on Cousin Nyron.

                      http://tax.yahoo.com