Re: [genpcncfir] Worthington

    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 4, 2003
      http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/md/baltimorecity/census/Balt1850w15.txt

      This is Baltimore MD info. Very interesting. Scroll down to Worthingtons
      info in theis 1850 census.

      Paula Anne Baker
      paulabaker69@...
      Greene County NC

    • Jean
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 4, 2003
        As of yet I have not found a connection between the Baltimore Worthingtons (who appear to be originally Worthingtons from England) and the Worthingtons (Witheringtons) from Calvert Co, MD. There may be a relationship so will add this to my collection.

        Jean
        jow@...
        We all have ancestors buried in our past
        This is Baltimore MD info. Very interesting. Scroll down to Worthingtons
        info in theis 1850 census.

        Paula Anne Baker
        paulabaker69@...
        Greene County NC

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Click here for current information on Pitt County Historical Society: http://www.pittcountyhistoricalsociety.com/

        Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form: http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm

        GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In

      • L D Smith
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 4, 2003
          i'm a craven county boy, and as far as weatherington/wetherington goes,
          there are a ton of them there in the western part of the county. even an
          historic home (c1840 i think) still standing. all i can dish for right now,
          but you may have a new can of worms.
          david

          "dream like you will live forever; live as though you may die tomorrow."

          From: Carol Singh <csinghworthington@...>
          To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:52:52 -0800 (PST)

          Yes, that is possible. Since I haven't found where he
          is buried, I don't know. Even so, the problem would be
          that he would be listed by his initials rather than by
          his name. Was Lewis W. also a minister? I'm still
          attacking this nut, and it's going to be a hard one to
          crack. Why did our ancestors persist in initialling
          everybody! Carol

          http://tax.yahoo.com
          he

          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 7, 2003
            Dear Jean, I pulled John McGowan's information off his
            webpage last week. You might contact him. The link is
            Robert Worthington. Carol
            --- Jean <jow@...> wrote:
            > As of yet I have not found a connection between the
            > Baltimore Worthingtons (who appear to be originally
            > Worthingtons from England) and the Worthingtons
            > (Witheringtons) from Calvert Co, MD. There may be a
            > relationship so will add this to my collection.
            >
            > Jean
            > jow@...
            > We all have ancestors buried in our past

            http://tax.yahoo.com
          • Jean
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
              Carol,

              Do you have his website address?

              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                Dear Jean, Forgive my delay in getting back to you.
                Bill's email address is not exactly like his name, and
                it's been a few months since I wrote him. I forgot his
                email name; therefore, I could not access his address
                from my files. Fortunately, I knew for certain that I
                had it and kept trying to figure out what his name
                was. Okay, here goes. wbk@... Bill usually
                sets aside a number of hours for email only and might
                not get to you right away. You can also contact Roger
                Kammerer RKammerer@... (I think he's now on
                hotmail--was the last time I checked) In the meantime
                I'll access my online files and get back to you with
                the answers I find there. I have the Hardee line in a
                folder on my hotmail. Carol

                http://tax.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003

                  http://tax.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                    Dear Jean, Richard Welch emailed me from Florida. His
                    wife's family descends from Obelia (He says I spelled
                    her name incorrectly!) Hardee from Charles Heber
                    Hardee, my Papa Charlie. His email is
                    rwelch3@... Tell him, please, that I gave
                    you his email. He wrote me that he would be glad to
                    answer my questions as he has researched this family
                    because of his interest in his wife's relatives. I'll
                    get back to you with my own information shortly.
                    Thanks, Carol

                    http://tax.yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                      Jean, I have the information you wanted. Catherine
                      Letitia Hardee was born in 1914 and died in 1916; she
                      was buried in Red Banks Primitive Baptist Church
                      Cemetery. Delma Hardee was born in 1912 and died in
                      1912. She was also buried at Red Banks. Bernice L.W.
                      Hardee was born in 1915 and died in 1915. The online
                      source does not give the place of burial. The source
                      is Lisa Scarola's website. Since Lisa is consistently
                      updating her web, I imagine that she simply hasn't
                      gotten around to adding the rest of the Hardee
                      information. I noticed that the Charles Heber Hardee
                      information was updated in June 2001. I've just been
                      in touch with Cousin Lisa with additional Braxton
                      information. Others researchers, like me, may also
                      send information only when we've been able to fill
                      large gaps in our own families. It would make sense,
                      then, for Lisa also to add information in bulk instead
                      of piecemeal. That probably explains her frequent
                      updates and any lag time between her receipt of
                      information and her adding it to her web. Since I'm
                      not a computer whiz, it's so much easier for me to let
                      Lisa's web serve as my own comprehensive research
                      source. Because of the complexity of my family
                      histories, it makes much more sense to me to pass
                      along my discoveries to Lisa for her to integrate with
                      her other sources. Alone, I'm only one source. Because
                      of the co-operation among all of us, we are able to
                      learn from one another and to help each other. Through
                      Lisa, you, and all my other research correspondents,
                      I've come to know my family and to meet family members
                      whom I would never otherwise have known. Additionally,
                      I know that others who reach deadends in their
                      research know from their own experience how I feel
                      when I reach that point in my own. I'm going to do a
                      quick check for you now on Cousin Nyron and get back
                      to you shortly. Carol

                      === message truncated ===

                      http://tax.yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                        Dear Jean, I apparently did not store my Hardee files
                        on my email site. I'm checking online resources again
                        and will get back to you on Cousin Nyron.

                        http://tax.yahoo.com