Re: [genpcncfir] Worthington

    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 3, 2003
      Yes, that is possible. Since I haven't found where he
      is buried, I don't know. Even so, the problem would be
      that he would be listed by his initials rather than by
      his name. Was Lewis W. also a minister? I'm still
      attacking this nut, and it's going to be a hard one to
      crack. Why did our ancestors persist in initialling
      everybody! Carol

      http://tax.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 4, 2003
        http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/md/baltimorecity/census/Balt1850w15.txt

        This is Baltimore MD info. Very interesting. Scroll down to Worthingtons
        info in theis 1850 census.

        Paula Anne Baker
        paulabaker69@...
        Greene County NC

      • Jean
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 4, 2003
          As of yet I have not found a connection between the Baltimore Worthingtons (who appear to be originally Worthingtons from England) and the Worthingtons (Witheringtons) from Calvert Co, MD. There may be a relationship so will add this to my collection.

          Jean
          jow@...
          We all have ancestors buried in our past
          This is Baltimore MD info. Very interesting. Scroll down to Worthingtons
          info in theis 1850 census.

          Paula Anne Baker
          paulabaker69@...
          Greene County NC

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Click here for current information on Pitt County Historical Society: http://www.pittcountyhistoricalsociety.com/

          Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form: http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm

          GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In

        • L D Smith
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 4, 2003
            i'm a craven county boy, and as far as weatherington/wetherington goes,
            there are a ton of them there in the western part of the county. even an
            historic home (c1840 i think) still standing. all i can dish for right now,
            but you may have a new can of worms.
            david

            "dream like you will live forever; live as though you may die tomorrow."

            From: Carol Singh <csinghworthington@...>
            To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:52:52 -0800 (PST)

            --- Jean <jow@...> wrote:
            > Would it be possible that the L W Weatherington is
            > Rev Lewis W Wetherington b 12 July 1868 who is in
            > the 1900 census living in Twp 9, Craven Co, ag 31?
            >
            > Jean
            > jow@...
            > We all have ancestors buried in our past

            http://tax.yahoo.com
            he

            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 7, 2003
              Dear Jean, I pulled John McGowan's information off his
              webpage last week. You might contact him. The link is
              Robert Worthington. Carol
              --- Jean <jow@...> wrote:
              > As of yet I have not found a connection between the
              > Baltimore Worthingtons (who appear to be originally
              > Worthingtons from England) and the Worthingtons
              > (Witheringtons) from Calvert Co, MD. There may be a
              > relationship so will add this to my collection.
              >
              > Jean
              > jow@...
              > We all have ancestors buried in our past

              http://tax.yahoo.com
            • Jean
              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                Carol,

                Do you have his website address?

                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                  Dear Jean, Forgive my delay in getting back to you.
                  Bill's email address is not exactly like his name, and
                  it's been a few months since I wrote him. I forgot his
                  email name; therefore, I could not access his address
                  from my files. Fortunately, I knew for certain that I
                  had it and kept trying to figure out what his name
                  was. Okay, here goes. wbk@... Bill usually
                  sets aside a number of hours for email only and might
                  not get to you right away. You can also contact Roger
                  Kammerer RKammerer@... (I think he's now on
                  hotmail--was the last time I checked) In the meantime
                  I'll access my online files and get back to you with
                  the answers I find there. I have the Hardee line in a
                  folder on my hotmail. Carol

                  http://tax.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003

                    http://tax.yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                      Dear Jean, Richard Welch emailed me from Florida. His
                      wife's family descends from Obelia (He says I spelled
                      her name incorrectly!) Hardee from Charles Heber
                      Hardee, my Papa Charlie. His email is
                      rwelch3@... Tell him, please, that I gave
                      you his email. He wrote me that he would be glad to
                      answer my questions as he has researched this family
                      because of his interest in his wife's relatives. I'll
                      get back to you with my own information shortly.
                      Thanks, Carol

                      http://tax.yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                        Jean, I have the information you wanted. Catherine
                        Letitia Hardee was born in 1914 and died in 1916; she
                        was buried in Red Banks Primitive Baptist Church
                        Cemetery. Delma Hardee was born in 1912 and died in
                        1912. She was also buried at Red Banks. Bernice L.W.
                        Hardee was born in 1915 and died in 1915. The online
                        source does not give the place of burial. The source
                        is Lisa Scarola's website. Since Lisa is consistently
                        updating her web, I imagine that she simply hasn't
                        gotten around to adding the rest of the Hardee
                        information. I noticed that the Charles Heber Hardee
                        information was updated in June 2001. I've just been
                        in touch with Cousin Lisa with additional Braxton
                        information. Others researchers, like me, may also
                        send information only when we've been able to fill
                        large gaps in our own families. It would make sense,
                        then, for Lisa also to add information in bulk instead
                        of piecemeal. That probably explains her frequent
                        updates and any lag time between her receipt of
                        information and her adding it to her web. Since I'm
                        not a computer whiz, it's so much easier for me to let
                        Lisa's web serve as my own comprehensive research
                        source. Because of the complexity of my family
                        histories, it makes much more sense to me to pass
                        along my discoveries to Lisa for her to integrate with
                        her other sources. Alone, I'm only one source. Because
                        of the co-operation among all of us, we are able to
                        learn from one another and to help each other. Through
                        Lisa, you, and all my other research correspondents,
                        I've come to know my family and to meet family members
                        whom I would never otherwise have known. Additionally,
                        I know that others who reach deadends in their
                        research know from their own experience how I feel
                        when I reach that point in my own. I'm going to do a
                        quick check for you now on Cousin Nyron and get back
                        to you shortly. Carol

                        === message truncated ===

                        http://tax.yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                          Dear Jean, I apparently did not store my Hardee files
                          on my email site. I'm checking online resources again
                          and will get back to you on Cousin Nyron.

                          http://tax.yahoo.com