Re: [genpcncfir] Worthington

  • Jean
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 3, 2003
      Would it be possible that the L W Weatherington is Rev Lewis W Wetherington b 12 July 1868 who is in the 1900 census living in Twp 9, Craven Co, ag 31?

      Jean
      jow@...
      We all have ancestors buried in our past
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 3, 2003
        Yes, that is possible. Since I haven't found where he
        is buried, I don't know. Even so, the problem would be
        that he would be listed by his initials rather than by
        his name. Was Lewis W. also a minister? I'm still
        attacking this nut, and it's going to be a hard one to
        crack. Why did our ancestors persist in initialling
        everybody! Carol

        http://tax.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 4, 2003
          http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/md/baltimorecity/census/Balt1850w15.txt

          This is Baltimore MD info. Very interesting. Scroll down to Worthingtons
          info in theis 1850 census.

          Paula Anne Baker
          paulabaker69@...
          Greene County NC

        • Jean
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 4, 2003
            As of yet I have not found a connection between the Baltimore Worthingtons (who appear to be originally Worthingtons from England) and the Worthingtons (Witheringtons) from Calvert Co, MD. There may be a relationship so will add this to my collection.

            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 4, 2003
              i'm a craven county boy, and as far as weatherington/wetherington goes,
              there are a ton of them there in the western part of the county. even an
              historic home (c1840 i think) still standing. all i can dish for right now,
              but you may have a new can of worms.
              david

              "dream like you will live forever; live as though you may die tomorrow."

              From: Carol Singh <csinghworthington@...>
              To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:52:52 -0800 (PST)

              --- Jean <jow@...> wrote:
              > Would it be possible that the L W Weatherington is
              > Rev Lewis W Wetherington b 12 July 1868 who is in
              > the 1900 census living in Twp 9, Craven Co, ag 31?
              >
              > Jean
              > jow@...
              > We all have ancestors buried in our past

              http://tax.yahoo.com
              he

              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 7, 2003
                Dear Jean, I pulled John McGowan's information off his
                webpage last week. You might contact him. The link is
                Robert Worthington. Carol
                --- Jean <jow@...> wrote:
                > As of yet I have not found a connection between the
                > Baltimore Worthingtons (who appear to be originally
                > Worthingtons from England) and the Worthingtons
                > (Witheringtons) from Calvert Co, MD. There may be a
                > relationship so will add this to my collection.
                >
                > Jean
                > jow@...
                > We all have ancestors buried in our past

                http://tax.yahoo.com
              • Jean
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                  Carol,

                  Do you have his website address?

                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                    Dear Jean, Forgive my delay in getting back to you.
                    Bill's email address is not exactly like his name, and
                    it's been a few months since I wrote him. I forgot his
                    email name; therefore, I could not access his address
                    from my files. Fortunately, I knew for certain that I
                    had it and kept trying to figure out what his name
                    was. Okay, here goes. wbk@... Bill usually
                    sets aside a number of hours for email only and might
                    not get to you right away. You can also contact Roger
                    Kammerer RKammerer@... (I think he's now on
                    hotmail--was the last time I checked) In the meantime
                    I'll access my online files and get back to you with
                    the answers I find there. I have the Hardee line in a
                    folder on my hotmail. Carol

                    http://tax.yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003

                      http://tax.yahoo.com
                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                        Dear Jean, Richard Welch emailed me from Florida. His
                        wife's family descends from Obelia (He says I spelled
                        her name incorrectly!) Hardee from Charles Heber
                        Hardee, my Papa Charlie. His email is
                        rwelch3@... Tell him, please, that I gave
                        you his email. He wrote me that he would be glad to
                        answer my questions as he has researched this family
                        because of his interest in his wife's relatives. I'll
                        get back to you with my own information shortly.
                        Thanks, Carol

                        http://tax.yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                          Jean, I have the information you wanted. Catherine
                          Letitia Hardee was born in 1914 and died in 1916; she
                          was buried in Red Banks Primitive Baptist Church
                          Cemetery. Delma Hardee was born in 1912 and died in
                          1912. She was also buried at Red Banks. Bernice L.W.
                          Hardee was born in 1915 and died in 1915. The online
                          source does not give the place of burial. The source
                          is Lisa Scarola's website. Since Lisa is consistently
                          updating her web, I imagine that she simply hasn't
                          gotten around to adding the rest of the Hardee
                          information. I noticed that the Charles Heber Hardee
                          information was updated in June 2001. I've just been
                          in touch with Cousin Lisa with additional Braxton
                          information. Others researchers, like me, may also
                          send information only when we've been able to fill
                          large gaps in our own families. It would make sense,
                          then, for Lisa also to add information in bulk instead
                          of piecemeal. That probably explains her frequent
                          updates and any lag time between her receipt of
                          information and her adding it to her web. Since I'm
                          not a computer whiz, it's so much easier for me to let
                          Lisa's web serve as my own comprehensive research
                          source. Because of the complexity of my family
                          histories, it makes much more sense to me to pass
                          along my discoveries to Lisa for her to integrate with
                          her other sources. Alone, I'm only one source. Because
                          of the co-operation among all of us, we are able to
                          learn from one another and to help each other. Through
                          Lisa, you, and all my other research correspondents,
                          I've come to know my family and to meet family members
                          whom I would never otherwise have known. Additionally,
                          I know that others who reach deadends in their
                          research know from their own experience how I feel
                          when I reach that point in my own. I'm going to do a
                          quick check for you now on Cousin Nyron and get back
                          to you shortly. Carol

                          === message truncated ===

                          http://tax.yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                            Dear Jean, I apparently did not store my Hardee files
                            on my email site. I'm checking online resources again
                            and will get back to you on Cousin Nyron.

                            http://tax.yahoo.com