Re: [genpcncfir] Worthington

    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 2 4:21 PM
      Jean, Let me check my sites. I'll get right back.
      Carol

      http://tax.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 2 5:22 PM
        Dear Jean, Buried in the Jackson Graveyard in Pitt Co
        are Priscilla, wife of Rev. L. W. Weatherington, April
        20, 1864-May 31, 1908; also buried there is Mary Ann,
        wife of L. W. Weatherington, 1878-1923. I do not know
        if or how this Weatherington is related to our
        Worthington line (my mother Clyde Rae Worthington,
        daughter of Alfred Worthington and Jennie Secession
        McGowan; granddaughter of Alfred Worthington and Sarah
        Frances McGowan; great granddaughter of Jeremiah
        Worthington and Elizabeth Forbes). I'll get back to
        you on Rev. L. W. Weatherington. I did find his
        gravesite on line, but it has been a couple of years.
        I do have the information in one of my handwritten
        notebooks at home, but I am at work. Later, hope I
        have been of help. Thanks again for all you've done
        for me. It's a beautiful day here. Have a good night.
        --- Jean <jow@...> wrote:
        > There is a Luke Wetherington, born 1890 in Craven
        > Co, who married Mary Alice Dickson.
        >
        > Jean
        > jow@...
        > Researching:
        > GA: BAKER; Ireland> Canada> VA: BENNETT; NC:
        > CURLEE; NJ>FL:
        > HAND GA: HOBBS; NC>GA: KEEN(E); NC: MOORE;
        > NC?> GA: NOBLES; NC>VA: PRITCHET; ENG> VA, MD,
        > NC, SC, GA, AL, TN:
        > WE(A)THERINGTON / WITHERINGTON/ WORTHINGTON (over
        > 23,000 names of various
        > spellings);
        > ANYWHERE: W(E(A))(I)THERINGTON or any resemblance

        http://tax.yahoo.com
      • Jean
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 3 4:15 PM
          Would it be possible that the L W Weatherington is Rev Lewis W Wetherington b 12 July 1868 who is in the 1900 census living in Twp 9, Craven Co, ag 31?

          --- Jean <jow@...> wrote:
          > There is a Luke Wetherington, born 1890 in Craven
          > Co, who married Mary Alice Dickson.
          >
          > Jean
          > jow@...
          > Researching:
          > GA: BAKER; Ireland> Canada> VA: BENNETT; NC:
          > CURLEE; NJ>FL:
          > HAND GA: HOBBS; NC>GA: KEEN(E); NC: MOORE;
          > NC?> GA: NOBLES; NC>VA: PRITCHET; ENG> VA, MD,
          > NC, SC, GA, AL, TN:
          > WE(A)THERINGTON / WITHERINGTON/ WORTHINGTON (over
          > 23,000 names of various
          > spellings);
          > ANYWHERE: W(E(A))(I)THERINGTON or any resemblance

          http://tax.yahoo.com

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          Click here for current information on Pitt County Historical Society: http://www.pittcountyhistoricalsociety.com/

          Chronicles of Pitt Co Order Form: http://www.usgennet.org/usa/nc/county/pitt/Chronicles%20Flyer%20Feb03.htm

          GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In

          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 3 5:52 PM
            Yes, that is possible. Since I haven't found where he
            is buried, I don't know. Even so, the problem would be
            that he would be listed by his initials rather than by
            his name. Was Lewis W. also a minister? I'm still
            attacking this nut, and it's going to be a hard one to
            crack. Why did our ancestors persist in initialling
            everybody! Carol

            http://tax.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 4 5:14 AM
              http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/md/baltimorecity/census/Balt1850w15.txt

              This is Baltimore MD info. Very interesting. Scroll down to Worthingtons
              info in theis 1850 census.

              Paula Anne Baker
              paulabaker69@...
              Greene County NC

            • Jean
              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 4 6:11 AM
                As of yet I have not found a connection between the Baltimore Worthingtons (who appear to be originally Worthingtons from England) and the Worthingtons (Witheringtons) from Calvert Co, MD. There may be a relationship so will add this to my collection.

                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 4 6:26 AM
                  i'm a craven county boy, and as far as weatherington/wetherington goes,
                  there are a ton of them there in the western part of the county. even an
                  historic home (c1840 i think) still standing. all i can dish for right now,
                  but you may have a new can of worms.
                  david

                  "dream like you will live forever; live as though you may die tomorrow."

                  From: Carol Singh <csinghworthington@...>
                  To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:52:52 -0800 (PST)

                  --- Jean <jow@...> wrote:
                  > Would it be possible that the L W Weatherington is
                  > Rev Lewis W Wetherington b 12 July 1868 who is in
                  > the 1900 census living in Twp 9, Craven Co, ag 31?
                  >
                  > Jean
                  > jow@...
                  > We all have ancestors buried in our past

                  http://tax.yahoo.com
                  he

                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 7 12:44 PM
                    Dear Jean, I pulled John McGowan's information off his
                    webpage last week. You might contact him. The link is
                    Robert Worthington. Carol
                    --- Jean <jow@...> wrote:
                    > As of yet I have not found a connection between the
                    > Baltimore Worthingtons (who appear to be originally
                    > Worthingtons from England) and the Worthingtons
                    > (Witheringtons) from Calvert Co, MD. There may be a
                    > relationship so will add this to my collection.
                    >
                    > Jean
                    > jow@...
                    > We all have ancestors buried in our past

                    http://tax.yahoo.com
                  • Jean
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 8 2:46 AM
                      Carol,

                      Do you have his website address?

                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 8 3:10 PM
                        Dear Jean, Forgive my delay in getting back to you.
                        Bill's email address is not exactly like his name, and
                        it's been a few months since I wrote him. I forgot his
                        email name; therefore, I could not access his address
                        from my files. Fortunately, I knew for certain that I
                        had it and kept trying to figure out what his name
                        was. Okay, here goes. wbk@... Bill usually
                        sets aside a number of hours for email only and might
                        not get to you right away. You can also contact Roger
                        Kammerer RKammerer@... (I think he's now on
                        hotmail--was the last time I checked) In the meantime
                        I'll access my online files and get back to you with
                        the answers I find there. I have the Hardee line in a
                        folder on my hotmail. Carol

                        http://tax.yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 8 3:10 PM

                          http://tax.yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 8 3:19 PM
                            Dear Jean, Richard Welch emailed me from Florida. His
                            wife's family descends from Obelia (He says I spelled
                            her name incorrectly!) Hardee from Charles Heber
                            Hardee, my Papa Charlie. His email is
                            rwelch3@... Tell him, please, that I gave
                            you his email. He wrote me that he would be glad to
                            answer my questions as he has researched this family
                            because of his interest in his wife's relatives. I'll
                            get back to you with my own information shortly.
                            Thanks, Carol

                            http://tax.yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 8 4:16 PM
                              Jean, I have the information you wanted. Catherine
                              Letitia Hardee was born in 1914 and died in 1916; she
                              was buried in Red Banks Primitive Baptist Church
                              Cemetery. Delma Hardee was born in 1912 and died in
                              1912. She was also buried at Red Banks. Bernice L.W.
                              Hardee was born in 1915 and died in 1915. The online
                              source does not give the place of burial. The source
                              is Lisa Scarola's website. Since Lisa is consistently
                              updating her web, I imagine that she simply hasn't
                              gotten around to adding the rest of the Hardee
                              information. I noticed that the Charles Heber Hardee
                              information was updated in June 2001. I've just been
                              in touch with Cousin Lisa with additional Braxton
                              information. Others researchers, like me, may also
                              send information only when we've been able to fill
                              large gaps in our own families. It would make sense,
                              then, for Lisa also to add information in bulk instead
                              of piecemeal. That probably explains her frequent
                              updates and any lag time between her receipt of
                              information and her adding it to her web. Since I'm
                              not a computer whiz, it's so much easier for me to let
                              Lisa's web serve as my own comprehensive research
                              source. Because of the complexity of my family
                              histories, it makes much more sense to me to pass
                              along my discoveries to Lisa for her to integrate with
                              her other sources. Alone, I'm only one source. Because
                              of the co-operation among all of us, we are able to
                              learn from one another and to help each other. Through
                              Lisa, you, and all my other research correspondents,
                              I've come to know my family and to meet family members
                              whom I would never otherwise have known. Additionally,
                              I know that others who reach deadends in their
                              research know from their own experience how I feel
                              when I reach that point in my own. I'm going to do a
                              quick check for you now on Cousin Nyron and get back
                              to you shortly. Carol

                              === message truncated ===

                              http://tax.yahoo.com
                              Message 14 of 18 , Apr 8 5:21 PM
                                Dear Jean, I apparently did not store my Hardee files
                                on my email site. I'm checking online resources again
                                and will get back to you on Cousin Nyron.

                                http://tax.yahoo.com