Re: [genpcncfir] Worthington

  • Jean
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 1, 2003
      I do not have a Luke Worthington and I was not able to find him on the Pitt County webpage or Lisa's webpage.

      Is there a place or date for him??

      Jean
      jow@...
      We all have ancestors buried in our past
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 1, 2003
        There is a Luke Wetherington, born 1890 in Craven Co, who married Mary Alice Dickson.

        Jean
        jow@...
        Researching:
        GA: BAKER; Ireland> Canada> VA: BENNETT; NC: CURLEE; NJ>FL:
        HAND GA: HOBBS; NC>GA: KEEN(E); NC: MOORE;
        NC?> GA: NOBLES; NC>VA: PRITCHET; ENG> VA, MD, NC, SC, GA, AL, TN:
        WE(A)THERINGTON / WITHERINGTON/ WORTHINGTON (over 23,000 names of various
        spellings);
        ANYWHERE: W(E(A))(I)THERINGTON or any resemblance

        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 2, 2003
          Jean, Let me check my sites. I'll get right back.
          Carol

          http://tax.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 2, 2003
            Dear Jean, Buried in the Jackson Graveyard in Pitt Co
            are Priscilla, wife of Rev. L. W. Weatherington, April
            20, 1864-May 31, 1908; also buried there is Mary Ann,
            wife of L. W. Weatherington, 1878-1923. I do not know
            if or how this Weatherington is related to our
            Worthington line (my mother Clyde Rae Worthington,
            daughter of Alfred Worthington and Jennie Secession
            McGowan; granddaughter of Alfred Worthington and Sarah
            Frances McGowan; great granddaughter of Jeremiah
            Worthington and Elizabeth Forbes). I'll get back to
            you on Rev. L. W. Weatherington. I did find his
            gravesite on line, but it has been a couple of years.
            I do have the information in one of my handwritten
            notebooks at home, but I am at work. Later, hope I
            have been of help. Thanks again for all you've done
            for me. It's a beautiful day here. Have a good night.
            --- Jean <jow@...> wrote:
            > There is a Luke Wetherington, born 1890 in Craven
            > Co, who married Mary Alice Dickson.
            >
            > Jean
            > jow@...
            > Researching:
            > GA: BAKER; Ireland> Canada> VA: BENNETT; NC:
            > CURLEE; NJ>FL:
            > HAND GA: HOBBS; NC>GA: KEEN(E); NC: MOORE;
            > NC?> GA: NOBLES; NC>VA: PRITCHET; ENG> VA, MD,
            > NC, SC, GA, AL, TN:
            > WE(A)THERINGTON / WITHERINGTON/ WORTHINGTON (over
            > 23,000 names of various
            > spellings);
            > ANYWHERE: W(E(A))(I)THERINGTON or any resemblance

            http://tax.yahoo.com
          • Jean
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 3, 2003
              Would it be possible that the L W Weatherington is Rev Lewis W Wetherington b 12 July 1868 who is in the 1900 census living in Twp 9, Craven Co, ag 31?

              http://tax.yahoo.com

              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 3, 2003
                Yes, that is possible. Since I haven't found where he
                is buried, I don't know. Even so, the problem would be
                that he would be listed by his initials rather than by
                his name. Was Lewis W. also a minister? I'm still
                attacking this nut, and it's going to be a hard one to
                crack. Why did our ancestors persist in initialling
                everybody! Carol

                http://tax.yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 4, 2003
                  http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/md/baltimorecity/census/Balt1850w15.txt

                  This is Baltimore MD info. Very interesting. Scroll down to Worthingtons
                  info in theis 1850 census.

                  Paula Anne Baker
                  paulabaker69@...
                  Greene County NC

                • Jean
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 4, 2003
                    As of yet I have not found a connection between the Baltimore Worthingtons (who appear to be originally Worthingtons from England) and the Worthingtons (Witheringtons) from Calvert Co, MD. There may be a relationship so will add this to my collection.

                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 4, 2003
                      i'm a craven county boy, and as far as weatherington/wetherington goes,
                      there are a ton of them there in the western part of the county. even an
                      historic home (c1840 i think) still standing. all i can dish for right now,
                      but you may have a new can of worms.
                      david

                      "dream like you will live forever; live as though you may die tomorrow."

                      From: Carol Singh <csinghworthington@...>
                      To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 17:52:52 -0800 (PST)

                      --- Jean <jow@...> wrote:
                      > Would it be possible that the L W Weatherington is
                      > Rev Lewis W Wetherington b 12 July 1868 who is in
                      > the 1900 census living in Twp 9, Craven Co, ag 31?
                      >
                      > Jean
                      > jow@...
                      > We all have ancestors buried in our past

                      http://tax.yahoo.com
                      he

                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 7, 2003
                        Dear Jean, I pulled John McGowan's information off his
                        webpage last week. You might contact him. The link is
                        Robert Worthington. Carol
                        --- Jean <jow@...> wrote:
                        > As of yet I have not found a connection between the
                        > Baltimore Worthingtons (who appear to be originally
                        > Worthingtons from England) and the Worthingtons
                        > (Witheringtons) from Calvert Co, MD. There may be a
                        > relationship so will add this to my collection.
                        >
                        > Jean
                        > jow@...
                        > We all have ancestors buried in our past

                        http://tax.yahoo.com
                      • Jean
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                          Carol,

                          Do you have his website address?

                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                            Dear Jean, Forgive my delay in getting back to you.
                            Bill's email address is not exactly like his name, and
                            it's been a few months since I wrote him. I forgot his
                            email name; therefore, I could not access his address
                            from my files. Fortunately, I knew for certain that I
                            had it and kept trying to figure out what his name
                            was. Okay, here goes. wbk@... Bill usually
                            sets aside a number of hours for email only and might
                            not get to you right away. You can also contact Roger
                            Kammerer RKammerer@... (I think he's now on
                            hotmail--was the last time I checked) In the meantime
                            I'll access my online files and get back to you with
                            the answers I find there. I have the Hardee line in a
                            folder on my hotmail. Carol

                            http://tax.yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003

                              http://tax.yahoo.com
                              Message 14 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                                Dear Jean, Richard Welch emailed me from Florida. His
                                wife's family descends from Obelia (He says I spelled
                                her name incorrectly!) Hardee from Charles Heber
                                Hardee, my Papa Charlie. His email is
                                rwelch3@... Tell him, please, that I gave
                                you his email. He wrote me that he would be glad to
                                answer my questions as he has researched this family
                                because of his interest in his wife's relatives. I'll
                                get back to you with my own information shortly.
                                Thanks, Carol

                                http://tax.yahoo.com
                                Message 15 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                                  Jean, I have the information you wanted. Catherine
                                  Letitia Hardee was born in 1914 and died in 1916; she
                                  was buried in Red Banks Primitive Baptist Church
                                  Cemetery. Delma Hardee was born in 1912 and died in
                                  1912. She was also buried at Red Banks. Bernice L.W.
                                  Hardee was born in 1915 and died in 1915. The online
                                  source does not give the place of burial. The source
                                  is Lisa Scarola's website. Since Lisa is consistently
                                  updating her web, I imagine that she simply hasn't
                                  gotten around to adding the rest of the Hardee
                                  information. I noticed that the Charles Heber Hardee
                                  information was updated in June 2001. I've just been
                                  in touch with Cousin Lisa with additional Braxton
                                  information. Others researchers, like me, may also
                                  send information only when we've been able to fill
                                  large gaps in our own families. It would make sense,
                                  then, for Lisa also to add information in bulk instead
                                  of piecemeal. That probably explains her frequent
                                  updates and any lag time between her receipt of
                                  information and her adding it to her web. Since I'm
                                  not a computer whiz, it's so much easier for me to let
                                  Lisa's web serve as my own comprehensive research
                                  source. Because of the complexity of my family
                                  histories, it makes much more sense to me to pass
                                  along my discoveries to Lisa for her to integrate with
                                  her other sources. Alone, I'm only one source. Because
                                  of the co-operation among all of us, we are able to
                                  learn from one another and to help each other. Through
                                  Lisa, you, and all my other research correspondents,
                                  I've come to know my family and to meet family members
                                  whom I would never otherwise have known. Additionally,
                                  I know that others who reach deadends in their
                                  research know from their own experience how I feel
                                  when I reach that point in my own. I'm going to do a
                                  quick check for you now on Cousin Nyron and get back
                                  to you shortly. Carol

                                  === message truncated ===

                                  http://tax.yahoo.com
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Apr 8, 2003
                                    Dear Jean, I apparently did not store my Hardee files
                                    on my email site. I'm checking online resources again
                                    and will get back to you on Cousin Nyron.

                                    http://tax.yahoo.com