Re: [genpcncfir] Orgin of McGOWAN * SMITH

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2003
      Dear Jewelle, I have read the same about McGowan and
      Smith in a surname reference book from the library.
      Tell me, please, can you share Braxton information? I
      find that I am descended from Council Braxton through
      his son Augustus, who was my great great grandfather?
      From what I have learned from Pitt Co. Family
      Researchers and my daddy's sister, Huldah Braxton
      Colbert, my father's father was Elijah B. Braxton
      whose father was Elias Braxton, whose father was
      Augustus Braxton. Great grandmother was a Sutton;
      several Braxtons married Sutton ladies. I know nothing
      about their connections. Thanks, Carol
      CSinghWorthington@...

      http://platinum.yahoo.com