Excerpt from Kimberly's Genealogy NewsLetter

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2003
      Hello Group..
      As always, Kimberly Powell's NewsLetter is filled with helpful
      information, as in this excerpt. Link here to her Home Page:
      http://genealogy.about.com/mbody.htm

      from Kimberly Powell, your Editor and Guide
      After spending the week reviewing several new genealogy software programs, I
      started thinking just how amazing an impact the computer has had on the
      field of genealogy. Hundreds of software programs now make it much easier to
      organize your family tree than the traditional pen and paper method.
      Millions of ancestors can now be found while you sit at home in your
      slippers and pjs. Connections with distant cousins are now only a click away
      as opposed to the "old days" where you had to place an ad in a magazine or
      journal and hope someone would read it. Access to help from experienced
      genealogists can now be found online, via chats, forums, and even electronic
      genealogy conferences. This week's issue is devoted to some of these amazing
      electronic genealogy resources. I hope you enjoy them!
      And, speaking of electronic, don't forget tonight's chat on About Genealogy.
      Michelle and I will be in the About Genealogy Chat Room to discuss genealogy
      and answer questions from 9:30PM to 11:00PM Eastern this evening, Monday,
      March 3. Hope to see you there!
      http://genealogy.about.com/mpchat.htm

      Jewelle

      jewellebaker@...
      jewelle@...
      Main SURNAMES:
      BAKER; CANNON; COX; JACKSON; McGLOHON's (all sp's);
      WINGATE

      GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In Research
      (serving all Eastern/Coastal NC Counties)

      eMail Scan by NAV & Certified Virus Free