Wm Tyson for Laura Carlisle, Phil Smith & others

  • Tracy Stancil/mail.hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 24, 2003
      Laura, Phil, Paula or anyone interested in the Tysons.
      Today I had to pass through Snow Hill so I stopped at the courthouse to quickly see if I could find out anything about our recent topic- William Tyson born mid 1830's who lived in Greene County and was on the census there 1870-1910.
      He had apparently married first to a Winnefred and second to a Mary. The sons names included Ivey, Henry, Washington, Alonzo.

      Well, I hoped to answer the longstanding question of who his parents were. I hit the jackpot!
      He DOES have a death certificate on file in Greene County. Date of death June 15, 1916.
      Name: William M. Tyson
      (He had a brother who died in 1915 who was listed as "Ben" Tyson)
      Williams age was given as about 84.
      (The informant was his son Alonzo)
      Cause of death- dysentery; contributing factor-asthma.
      Occupation-farmer
      burial-Tyson Home Place
      Undertaker-R.L. Davis & Brothers of Farmville.
      Parents born- Greene County
      *Parents' names: John Tyson and Louisa Turnage.

      The line will be probably impossible to prove past this point since there are no records to use in Greene County.
      However I would offer as a POSSIBILITY the following lineage:
      1-John Tyson born 1800-1810- on Greene Co. census in 1830 and 1840.
      2- William Tyson born 1775-1794- only Tyson on Greene Co. census of 1820.
      3-Richard Tyson born 1755-1774- only Tyson on Greene Co. census of 1800.
      4-Moses Tyson dec'd about 1801-1803 in Pitt County.
      * I think Richard Tyson was on the Pitt Co. census of 1790, but by 1795 he had moved to Glasgow County. Richard Tyson of Glasgow County is a son of Moses Tyson per Pitt County deeds.

      Incidently, Wm M. Tyson's second wife Mary, her maiden name was Mary Jane Brand per the death certificate of son Henry.

      Wm. M. and Mary Brand Tyson's son Ivey was married to Hattie Wooten.
      Hattie Wooten Tyson died on August 30, 1947 and she was the daughter of Henry Wooten and Hellen Carraway.
      Informant was son Bennett Tyson.

      That's all for now,
      Tracy Stancil

    • laura Carlisle
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 24, 2003
        Wow, thank you so much for the info!

        Did you by chance get a copy of the birth certificate? If you did could you
        scan it and email me a copy?

        This is wonderful, thanks so much.

        Laura

      • Tracy Stancil/mail.hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 24, 2003
          Laura,
          If you will email me privately
          TracyStancil@...
          and include your mailing address I will send you photocopies via snail mail. That will take longer, but the quality will be much better. My scanner leaves a little to be desired.
          Tracy
          Did you by chance get a copy of the birth certificate? If you did could you
          scan it and email me a copy?

          This is wonderful, thanks so much.

          Laura

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor