[genpcfr] Matthews family

  • kammerer@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28 8:59 AM
      I was asked about what information I had on the Matthews family. In the William Blount Rodman papers, PC 76.14, NC Archives is found:

      Luke Matthews made his Will 1823, his widow Ann (d. 1854)

      CHILDREN:
      1) Fanny Matthews, d. Nov. 15, 1854; md. Dec. 1825 to Randall Jenkins (no issue)
      2) Enoch Matthews. d. 1823
      3) John (Jack) Matthews, lived in Martin Co.
      4) Martha (Patsy) Matthews; md. Abram Nelson and moved to Arkansas.

      This case has a good history of the slaves of the Jenkins and Matthews families!!