Surname VICK

  • Oneof3magi@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2003
      Does anyone have any info on the date of death and the place of burial for
      Neverson Cooper VICK. He spent much of his life in the Falkland and
      Farmville areas of Pitt County.
      Last I have on him was 1930 census, Farmville Township, where he was listed
      as Nelson C. VICK, age 71, head of household, with his wife Jane, age 69.

      Fred Vick
      Surnames: VICK LANGLEY CHERRY CRISP STRICKLAND Pitt Co.
      FAULKNER STOCKS Greene Co.

    • Nancy Pittman
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 29, 2003
        Might check with Bill Kittrell at wbk99@... He has a complete
        list of Pitt Co. cemetery records.

        > Does anyone have any info on the date of death and the place of burial for
        > Neverson Cooper VICK. He spent much of his life in the Falkland and
        > Farmville areas of Pitt County.
        > Last I have on him was 1930 census, Farmville Township, where he was
        listed
        > as Nelson C. VICK, age 71, head of household, with his wife Jane, age 69.
        >
        > Fred Vick
        > Surnames: VICK LANGLEY CHERRY CRISP STRICKLAND Pitt Co.
        > FAULKNER STOCKS Greene Co.

      • Nancy Pittman
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 30, 2003
          Fred, I descend from the Pitt County Langley Families. This line posted on
          my website at:
          http://www.pioneers-portals-and-paths.org/index.html Would love to know if
          there is a connection.

          Nancy Langley Pittman

        • Oneof3magi@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
            Nancy, I visited your well prepared site again but I still can't connect our
            Langleys. Mine all seem to have originated in Edgecombe Co through a William
            James LANGLEY b. 1826, m. Penelope Jane CRISP b. 1830 Pitt Co, Dau. of
            William Mansel CRISP and Lucy CHERRY.

            Thanks Fred Vick
            Surnames: VICK LANGLEY CHERRY CRISP STRICKLAND FAULKNER STOCKS

          • Linda Bass
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 2, 2003
              Fred, See if this will help.This is how I am putting my information in my
              book. Any questions, email me. You have the address. Linda B.

              **Johnathan/Jonathan Crisp, B. 1675, D. 1725, married **Deliverance Mansell
              B. 1675, D. 1725. They had one son named **William Mansell (1) Crisp, B.
              1695, D. Feb. 14, 1783. He married Frances Whitley,** B. 1716, D. 1800.
              William and Frances had eight children;
              #1A. Samuel Crisp
              #2A. Winefred Crisp
              #3A. Lida Crisp
              #4A. Isabel Crisp
              #5A. Samuel Crisp
              #6A. Benjamin Crisp
              #7A. Jessee Crisp
              **#8A. Ezekiel Crisp, born May 7, 1744
              Their last born Ezekiel Crisp ** is our direct bloodline. Born May 7, 1744
              in Edgecombe Co., North Carolina. Ezekiel Crisp married Elizabeth**(last
              name unknown). They had three unnamed babies and finally **William Mansell
              (II) Crisp was born in 1788, died in 1871.
              **William Mansell (II) Crisp married Lucy Cherry.**
              They had twelve children:
              #1A. Ashley Crisp M. Rosina Eagles;
              #2A. Elizabeth Crisp married John Whitley;
              #3A. Ezekiel Crisp married Louisa Cobb;
              #4A. Rebecca Crisp, born 1821, died 1898;
              #5A. Levi Crisp, born 1823, married Lucinda Cobb January 30, 1822;
              #6A. Lucy Crisp, born 1825, married James Wooten, born 1822;
              #7A. William Mansell Crisp, born 1826;
              #8A. Eason Crisp, born 1827, married Zoa Ann Edwards, born February
              14, 1837, died 1853;
              #9A. Mary Jane Crisp, born November 15, 1828, died May 14, 1892;
              #10A. Rhoda Crisp, born 1830, married Charles Randolph Johnson, born
              1825;
              **#11A. Penelope Jane Crisp, born 1831, married William James Langley,**
              born 1826;
              #12A. Silas E. Crisp, born July 13, 1833, died December 17, 1884.

              25
              Langley
              ** Indicates our direct blood line
              **Azaniah Langley, born about 1740, died 1800, married unknown.
              Children born of this union four sons and four daughters
              #1A. Rhoda Langley, born after 1756
              #2A. Jehu Langley, born after 1756
              #3A. Susanna Langley, born after 1756
              #4A. Trefaney Langley, born after 1756
              #5A. Jane Langley, born after 1756
              #6A. Dorcas Langley, born after 1756
              #7A. Shadrack Langley, born 1762 in Hyde Co.
              **#8A. Isaiah Langley, born 1765, died 1832 married unknown

              Isaiah and unknown had three children a son and two daughters
              **#1A. Willis Langley, born 1796, died 1866, married Nancy Peal** on March
              13, 1848. Nancy Peal was born 1806. (Father's name was Hillary Peal.)

              Children born of this union eight sons and four daughters
              #1a. Robert Arnold Langley, born 1818, died?
              Married Mary Elizabeth Mayo, born July 10, 1842
              #2a. Bettie Langley, born after 1818, married James Batts, born after
              1812
              #3a. Charlotte Langley, born after 1818, married James Batts, born?
              #4a. David Langley, born after 1818
              #5a. Easter Langley, born after 1818, married Thomas Exum, born 1818
              #6a. Franklin Langley, born after 1818, married Mary Mosley, born 1818
              #7a. Hillery Peel Langley, born after 1818, married Mary Emily Edwards
              #8a. John G. Langley, born 1818, married Sarah Owens, born 1818
              #9a. Morrison Thomas Langley, born 1818, Mary Mosley, born 1818
              #10a. Romuliss Langley, born 1818
              #11a. Susan Langley, born 1818, married Thomas Goff, born 1812
              **#12a William James Langley, born 1826 in Edgecombe Co. died
              Married Penelope (Penny) Jane Crisp, ** born 1831 in Pitt Co. died?
              ( I apologize for all the 1818 dates. That's all I could find)
              Children of William and Penelope Crisp Langley; nine daughters and four
              sons, according to the 1870-1880 census, Edgecombe Co.
              #1A Esther Elizabeth (Bett) Langley, born 1849 (two children)
              #2A James Robert (Bob) Langley, born 1851 (married Louise?
              five children)

              26
              #3A William (Bill) S. Langley, born 1854 (married Reba? six children)
              #4A Mary Eliza Langley, born 1855 (married Robert (Bob) Owens,
              ten children)
              #5A Martha Lydia (Puss) Langley, born 1857 (Married Frank Whitley)
              #6A Fannie D. Langley, born 1859 (married John Dowell Owens four
              children)
              #7A Penelope Jane Langley, born 1861 (married Nelve Vick, then Eddie
              Heath or Unknown Everett total; eleven children)
              ** #8A Rhoda Adelia Langley, born 1863 (one child) (married Robert Van
              Buren Owens **on Feb.15, 1892, born May 6, 1862, two daughters)
              #9A Cynthia (Lucy) Ann Langley, born June 1866, died after 1900
              (married Joseph Everrette, seven children)
              #10A William R. (Rom) Langley, born Feb. 1867, died Sept. 1949
              (married Delphia Moore, born Dec. 1866, died May 1932, seven
              children
              #11A Georgia Ella Langley, born 1870 (married George Washington Owens,
              born 1849, died unknown leaving his wife with four children to
              rear.)
              #12A Lafayette (Fate) Langley, born 1872 (married Jodie Ellis six
              children)
              #13A Ada Langley, born 1874 (married Joseph Ward four children)

              > Nancy, I visited your well prepared site again but I still can't connect
              our
              > Langleys. Mine all seem to have originated in Edgecombe Co through a
              William
              > James LANGLEY b. 1826, m. Penelope Jane CRISP b. 1830 Pitt Co, Dau. of
              > William Mansel CRISP and Lucy CHERRY.
              >
              > Thanks Fred Vick
              > Surnames: VICK LANGLEY CHERRY CRISP STRICKLAND FAULKNER STOCKS

              ---