Clarissa Ecklin Gaskins

  • Karen Oakley Moore
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
      I am looking for more information on my great-great
      grandmother's family. She was an Ecklin and was from
      Beaufort County. She was born about 1852. She married
      William Augustus George Gaskins. I know she had a
      brother named John, but that is it. She is also
      buried in or near Chocowinity. She is not buried with
      her husband. If anyone know where she is buried or
      anything about her family, please let me know.

      =====
      Thanks in advance!
      Karen Oakley Moore
      Main Surnames -
      OAKLEY, VANDIFORD,GASKINS,PEED,Freeman,Moore,Abbott, Hardee, Holland

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • Charles Harrington
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
        Karen:

        I have some info on the Ecklins. Let me check my notes after work and get back with you. Hope I can help.

        Charles

        I am looking for more information on my great-great
        grandmother's family. She was an Ecklin and was from
        Beaufort County. She was born about 1852. She married
        William Augustus George Gaskins. I know she had a
        brother named John, but that is it. She is also
        buried in or near Chocowinity. She is not buried with
        her husband. If anyone know where she is buried or
        anything about her family, please let me know.

        =====
        Thanks in advance!
        Karen Oakley Moore
        Main Surnames -
        OAKLEY, VANDIFORD,GASKINS,PEED,Freeman,Moore,Abbott, Hardee, Holland

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=234081.2814790.4175286.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=1705044402:HM/A=1327985/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4870024;7586687;x?http://www.ameriquestmortgage.com/welcome.html?ad=Yahoo01>
        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=234081.2814790.4175286.1925585/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1327985/rand=133778413>

        =========================
        Pursuant to North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 132, Public Records, this electronic mail message and any attachments hereto, as well as any electronic mail message(s) that may be sent in response to it may be considered public record and as such are subject to request and review by anyone at any time.

      • feonadorf@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
          Karen,

          She was the daughter of William C and Sallie Ecklin. I have her listed with 8
          siblings and 5 children. Her husband was the son of Seth and Nancy Freeman
          Gaskins. I might have gotten my info from you.

          Lisa

        • Cvbeck
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
            Hi There, Is anyone researching the Edwards families of Pitt County? I
            am especially interested in the branches that would be close to (or
            would have previously been?) Edgecombe County. In particular - Brittain
            Edwards. I feel like I'm missing some of the middle of my research. I
            can go back as far as Henry Edwards, father of Brittain, Joel, and
            others in Edgecombe/Pitt County. I've researched all the Edwards in
            most surrounding counties and feel as though they've traveled from So.
            Hampton Co Virginia, down through No Hampton Co., NC, Halifax, into
            Pitt, Edgecombe and Greene Counties. The family names, Brittain,
            Theophilus, Benjamin, Nathan, Henry, etc...keep repeating generation
            after generation. Auuugggh! Thanks, Charlotte

            At the point of Brittain Sr., we're back to the mid 1700's. Now, nearby
            there are several other Edwards, Simon, Kinchen, Randolph, etc. I'm
            trying to tie them all together as they live nearly side by side I feel
            there is a connection - I just haven't discovered it yet. The area they
            lived in is going to be Old Sparta (Edg Co.) or Falkland area -
            (assumption) on into Greenville. Any information at all would be
            WONDERFUL.
            Brittain Sr.s father was possbily Henry...which Henry I don't know. If
            Henry I suspect - Brittain Sr.s siblings would be Jesse and Nathan (and
            quite possibly others).

            (GGGGGgrandparents) Brittain Sr. & unknown.

            (GGGGrandparents) Brittain Jr. & Sally (unknown) Edwards. **Brittain
            Jr's siblings, Briant (Bryant), Nancy, Siley, Tabitha Edwards Eagles,
            Harmon, Priscilla, Sally, Silas, and possibly Gray.**)

            (GGGgrandparents) Jonas & Mary Ann Gay Edwards (**Jonas siblings, Joel,
            Brittain, Cindarella, & Edmond.)

            (Gggrandparents) Bolin & Martha Edwards Varnell (Rosa's parents -
            Varnell on both sides!!)

            (Ggrandparents) "Big" Tom & Martha Varnell Webb

            (Grandparents) Oscar & Rosa Webb Varnell

            (Parents) Paul & Faye Wiggins Varnell

            (Me) Charlotte
          • feonadorf@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 2, 2003
              Charlotte,

              Which Brittain Edwards would this be in these Land Transactions and Jury
              Reports. I always assumed Prushia Ann Edwards Galloway and Tabitha Edwards
              Eagles were sisters, am I wrong?

              Pages 278-279: JOHN BLYTHE and wife CHARITY to BRITAIN EDWARDS dated 12 Apr
              1764

              120 acres (part of patent of 215 acres to THOMAS DRAKE on 1 Sep 1723), S:
              JOHN (I) BLYTHE and CHARITY (mark) BLYTHE, W: SAMUEL (signed) MAGET JR, JAMES
              JORDAN (signed) SCOTT, and THOMAS (signed) DRAPER

              Folder: Oyer & Terminer, New Bern, Sept. 1777
              Information: List of following names 3Jury Men2: Samuel WARREN, Britain
              EDWARDS, William AVERET, William PERRY, Green WINDHAM, Cornelius CHURCH,
              David HATNEY,
              Thomas HATNEY, David AVERET, Senr., Parker LASY, James LITTLE, Joseph LITTLE.

              Then says, 3For the order of the jury of inquest is that Nathan MAYO hath
              murded
              Thos CLARK of Pitt County and that wilfully on Augusst 22 1777 so says the
              jurors. s/Samuel WARREN [Note: This was a scrap of paper. sbg]
              Date: None
              Brittain Edward to Grandaughter Cloe Ann Galloway (HH, [ 382)

              Lisa

            • Cvbeck
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 3, 2003
                Hey there. I'm not sure. I'm doing some checking. There are so many
                Brittain's its hard to identify which children belong with which one.
                That’s why I'm having trouble. I definitely feel the Pitt County
                Brittain is related to the Gallaways. I just don't know if the Edg
                Brittain is Tabitha's father, or the Pitt. I'll be back in touch.
                Grabbing some zzz's.

                Take care, Charlotte

                Date: None
                Brittain Edward to Grandaughter Cloe Ann Galloway (HH, [ 382)

                Lisa

                Our Group name has changed but our membership remains the same! We
                welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our dynamic group
                if you are interested in genealogy discussion and research in Pitt and
                all Eastern and Coastal North Carolina counties.

                Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              • lcvarner <lcvarner@excite.com>
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 6, 2003
                  My great grandmother was Martha Maryland Ecklin.
                  Clarissa ECKLIN and Leslie Kristen CUMMINGS (that's me) are 1st
                  cousins 3 times removed. Their common ancestors are Thomas Dias
                  ECKLIN and UNKNOWN SUSANNAH.

                • feonadorf@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 6, 2003
                    Leslie,
                    How do you descend from Clarissa Ecklin Gaskins?

                    Lisa

                  • lcvarner <lcvarner@excite.com>
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 6, 2003
                      Clarissa's grandfather, Thomas Dias Ecklin, was my ggg grandfather.
                      1. Thomas Dias Ecklin
                      2. Henry Dias Ecklin
                      3. Martha Maryland Ecklin
                      4. Annie Lewis
                      5. Janice Toler
                      6. Me

                      --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, feonadorf@a... wrote:
                      > Leslie,
                      > How do you descend from Clarissa Ecklin Gaskins?
                      >

                      > Lisa

                    • Charles Harrington
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 6, 2003
                        Thomas was my gggg grandfather. How much do you all have on the family? Do you know when/where they may have come to the US from? My grandmother gave me some information on the Ecklin family in NC which includes some information on the siblings that moved to TN.

                        1. Thomas Dias Ecklin
                        2. Henry Dias Ecklin
                        3. James Henry Ecklin
                        4. Fannie Eliza Ecklin
                        5. My maternal grandmother

                        Charles

                        Clarissa's grandfather, Thomas Dias Ecklin, was my ggg grandfather.
                        1. Thomas Dias Ecklin
                        2. Henry Dias Ecklin
                        3. Martha Maryland Ecklin
                        4. Annie Lewis
                        5. Janice Toler
                        6. Me

                        --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, feonadorf@a... wrote:
                        > Leslie,
                        > How do you descend from Clarissa Ecklin Gaskins?
                        >

                        > Lisa

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=234081.2821106.4184440.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=1705044402:HM/A=1327985/R=0/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4870024;7586687;x?http://www.ameriquestmortgage.com/welcome.html?ad=Yahoo01>
                        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=234081.2821106.4184440.1925585/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1327985/rand=887030469>

                        =========================

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 7, 2003
                          Charles,

                          I am sorry, all that I have on the ECKLIN family is what I have on
                          my family tree research. I wish I had more, but the ECKLIN family
                          was on my maternal grandmother's side aswell. Any information on
                          the family that my grandmother would have had has since been
                          acquired by my Aunts, Uncle or their children. I don't even have a
                          single photograph.

                          Leslie
                          --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Harrington"

                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 7, 2003
                            I have a picture of my great-great grandmother,
                            Clarissa Ecklin Gaskins, but that is all I have. I
                            don't know anymore than you on where the Ecklins came
                            from.

                            Karen

                            --- "lcvarner <lcvarner@...>"