Re: [genpcncfir] Article re: Chronicles of Pitt Co NC

  • HUBCAPTG@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 18, 2002
      I think I might be repeating myself here...but could someone who has a copy
      of the Pitt co. Chronicles give those of us who don't have a clue what the
      index might include?

      thanks,
      Trisha Green
      researching primarily: Shadrack/Shadrick/Shadrach Perry possibly in Pitt Co.
      @ 1790 to 1808
    • Nancy Pittman
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2002
        Trisha,

        The Chronicles of Pitt County includes information on local Pitt County and
        Pitt communities people, churches and schools, covering just about
        everything from Sir Will Pitt to Hog Killings! The history section of the
        book is approximately 150 pages. There are approx. 600 pages of individual
        family histories. The last section of the book is a pictorial tribute
        (family photos). The book has a 1762 Pitt Co. Taxable listing. It also has
        the name and personal address of every family historian that contributed to
        the book! A gem on it's own! The entire publication is 878 pages, huge
        book!

        Nancy L. Pittman
        Visit My Website at: http://www.pioneers-portals-and-paths.org
        "...It is a revered thing to see an ancient castle or building not in decay;
        or to see a fair timber tree sound and perfect. Now much more to behold an
        ancient noble family which has stood against the waves and weathers of
        time". - Sir Francis Bacon

      • HUBCAPTG@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 20, 2002
          thanks...I haven't ever asked for a name search of that book, and now that it
          will be reprinted, I was wondering how to tell if I might want to order
          it...so far I have a name on the 1790 census, but no proof that it is the
          correct family...Shadrach Perry...If the book has any info. re the Perrys of
          Pitt co...I'd like to know, then I'd order it...just incase there was a
          connection.

          Thanks again.
          Trisha Hubbard Green