Re: [genpcncfir] What About The Craft Family

  • Paula Bannerman
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 22, 2002
      Hi Kevin

      The line I'm researching has Crafts in it from Pitt County. I can only assume your line is related. My GGGreat Grandmother was Sally Ann Craft who married John Lewis McGlohon. Our family was quite close to the Crafts, as the Mannings, Nobles, McGlohon's (various sp.) & Crafts all lived in the same area (Rountree) and went to the same church (Bethany FWB). Sally Ann's father was Elias Hoyt Craft (b. April 1835) who married Jane M. Carraway. They had the following children - Phoebe, Benjamin Franklin, Florence, Sally Ann, Joseph, William Arden, Clara, Dora, Martha, Mary, Lena Hope & Chester. Sally Ann Craft was my Great Grandmother Tinie Manning's mother....Audrey Craft was the daughter of Joseph (Sally Ann's brother), and she married Great Grandma Tinie's Brother-in-law, Mark Twain Manning - Audrey was Grandma Tinies best friend, 1st cousin and sister-in-law ;-) (I've always found that amusing).

      I can't find a Hazzard in any of my notes. I've been in touch with another Craft descendant who gave me quite alot of information on the family ...do you know anything about who Hazzard's parents were? I still have some organizing to do with what I've received lately, so it could just be I've not added him in my database.