Saunders Trevathan born 1830/31? Wilson/Edgecombe Counties, North Carolina

  • Susie Labry
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2002
      Seeking information on Saunders Trevathan, Birthday 1830/31? and where he is from Wilson/Edgecombe, NC?
      1. Sanders M. Trevathan born 1842 Wilson, NC ????????
      2. Saunders Trevathan marriage to Mahala Beland Dec. 19, 1851 Edgecombe, NC [Notes: 1800 Edgecombe Marriages, North Carolina].
      3. Saunders Trevathan marriage to Esther Batts March 29, 1853, Edgecombe, NC[Notes: 1800 Edgecombe Marriages, North Carolina].
      4. Listing for Sunders Trevathan (586) [1870 Wilson County NC].
      I went to Wilson County Library on Nash Street 2nd Floor Genealogy Room and found following:
      #573: Sanders Trevathan 29 M Ditcher; Esther A. Trevathan 22 F; Wesley S. Trevathan 6; and Lucretia ?, 3 F. [Wilson County, North Carolina Federal Census of 1860, abstracted by Joan L. Howell, ed. by Reese Ferreell & Joan Howell, Wilson County Genealogical Society, Wilson, North Carolina, p. 60, #573].
      and
      #248: Sanders Trevathan 40 M W Farm laborer; Esther Trevathan 33 FW Keeping house; Lucretia Trevathan 13 F W; Wesley Trevathan 16 M W. [Wilson County, North Carolina Federal Census 1870 abstracted by Joan L. Howell, ed. by Reese Ferreell & Joan Howell, Wilson County Genealogical Society, Wilson, North Carolina, p. 202, #248]. It looks like entry next to it is Medry Trevathan 54 M W Farm laborer; Harriet Trevathan 43 F W Keeping house; Wm. Taylor 19 M W Farm laborer; Mary E. Trevathan 15 F W work on farm; Jesse Trevathan 12 F W work on farm; Ann Trevathan 12 F W; and Louisa Trevathan 3 F W. [ibid. #249]. Perhaps this may be a hint if they are related. If so, this may que me in to a lead.
      I found Wesley Trevathan, Nurney Trevathan, etc. buried at Pineview Cemetary at Rocky Mount, North Carolina. The grave does not have any information either on his parents. They would also like to know. I believe Wesley is brother of Lucretia Priscilla Trevathan (Mrs. John Page) and son of Saunders Trevathan and Esther Batts.
      I heard that my Trevathans were Quakers and that Lucretia Priscilla Trevathan and Mary Sue Cassada was Jehovahs Witness. This is all I have on the Trevathans. This has been a very difficult one for me to research.
      Thank you. Susie Labry lasunshinebr@....