Re: [genpcncfir] Turners

  • amaryllish@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2002
      Hi Paula, I would appreciate any info on the Turners. I know that my
      Grandfather was William Thomas Turner married Estella Pelletier. I've tried
      to find other links, but nothing I can prove. They lived in the Falling Creek
      area around Kinston/LaGrange, NC. There was a small private cemetery, but
      since it wasn't public it was never included in the survey done by the state.
      It might be easier if I list it like this:
      Aaron? ______Turner moved his family to NC around 1840. Wife Unknown.
      One child Felix Kenyon Turner, b.Bet.1823-1824, thought to be in Isle of
      Wight, VA and d. Bet.1887-1889 in Wayne County, NC. Married first Ganelda
      Brockett, all this has been documented by the Brocketts. Married second
      Pearcy Poole, daughter of John Poole and Mary Unknown. Pearcy was born Bet.
      1855-1856. Pearcy is my Great Grandmother. We know that Felix and Pearcy had
      two children.
      #1 William Thomas Turner,b.August 01, 1875, Albertson, NC (Duplin County) d.
      August 18, 1930, Rocky Mount, NC (Nash County). Married Estella Pelletier,
      daughter of Alix Pelletier and Martha Talton
      Children of William & Estella Turner:
      Arthur Lawrence Turner married Smithy Pate
      Fleeta Estelle Turner
      Annie Rebecca Turner married William Faulkner
      Pauline Elizabeth Turner married Lee Rollison
      Thomas William Turner
      Ronald Earl Turner
      Felix Percy Turner married Clara Bell Sowers
      Ruth Vivian Burke Turner married Jack Wainwright (my parents)
      Aaron Kenyon Turner
      #2 Lula Turner, b. abt. 1881 married William Herring, September 01, 1897.
      I'm sorry if I've confused everyone. Any info would be great. Thanks, Amy