Re: [genpcncfir] Edwards

  • LdMel1@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 16, 2002
      I think the Sally Edward's family you are referring to has a lot of that
      family buried in the Queen Anne Cem. at Fountain NC. Lizzie Edwards married
      a Highsmith and they adopted two children. If I can help email me privately.

      Linda Melvin

    • Cvbeck
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 28, 2002
        Hello All. Sorry it took so long for me to respond to this. Is there a
        list anywhere of the graves at Queene Anne - especially softcopy on the
        web. I need to go to the library - but have been especially busy. :)

        Thanks, Charlotte

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2004
          Edwards Buried in Queen Anne Cemetery In Fountain

          Murtha Edwards Tripp b. March 1899, d. December 1992

          Fayte L. Edwards b. November 1895, d. August 1937

          Callie Edwards Owens b. November 115, 1884, d. November 1, 1952

          Joseph E. Owens b. May 6, 1885, d. December 20, 1972

          Adell B. Edwards b. January 22, 1922, d. May 14, 1976

          Willie E. Edwards b. June 1, 1915, d. January 1, 1985

          Lola B. Edwards b. June 30, 1902, d. April 15, 1979

          Julius F. Edwards b. October 28, 1897, d. August 5, 1969

          Joseph Paul Edwards

          North Carolina S1 USNR WWII

          b. September 12, 1926, d. December 13, 1968

          Joe R. Edwards, September 21, 1904

          Leona "Doll" Dunn Edwards b. 1906, d. 1938

          Wife of Joe Robert Edwards buried in Crisp, North Carolina

          Gatsy Killebrew Owens b. February 5, 1915, d. December 11, 2001

          (daughter-in-law of Callie Edwards Owens)

          William Joseph Owens b. June 22, 1911, d. November 30, 1995

          (son of Callie Edwards Owens)

          Mollie Edwards Cobb b. November 16, 1885, d. June 8, 1971

          James Grey Cobb b. January 10, 1883, d. July 4, 1958

          (husband of Mollie Edwards Cobb)

          James Larry Cobb

          S SGT Army Air Forces WWII

          b. November 16, 1916, d. June 4, 1956

          (son of Mollie Edwards Cobb)

          Velma Thigpen Edwards b. June 5, 1921, d. May 20, 1993

          Married December 18, 1937

          Jonas Eason Edwards b. November 3, 1918, d. July 24, 2002

          PVT US ARMY WWII

          William "Willie" Cooper Edwards b. November 18, 1890, d. May 11,
          1951

          Lula "Lou" Cobb Edwards b. February 15, 1898, d. January 8, 1967

          Archie Lee Edwards b. December 5, 1932, d. June 3, 1991

          Archie L. Edwards, Jr. b. March 2, 1959, d. March 11, 1959

          (son of Mr. & Mrs. A. L. Edwards)

          Jonas Arthur Edwards b. April 14, 1902, d. October 18, 1987

          Alice Lewis Edwards b. October 18, 1880, d. August 21, 1955

          Jonas C. Edwards b. October 1880, d. June 3, 1957

          Linwood Lee Edwards b. January 7, 1913, d. April 27, 1981

          Pattie W. Edwards b. February 27, 1920, d. October 25, 1998

          James Joseph Edwards b. January 24, 1917, d. March 24, 1968

          Lina Cobb Edwards b. April 7, 1891, d. May 22, 1970

          Edmond Council Edwards b. May 23, 1888, d. August 24, 1945

          I. J. Edwards b. July 10, 1924, d. April 2, 1997

          Louise E. Edwards b. September 2, 1930, d. January 6, 2004

          Ann H. Edwards b. November 17, 1938, d. August 27, 1993

          Jonas F. Edwards, Sr. b. 1909, d. 1997

          Mary Agnes b. 1917
        • eahsr16@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 23, 2005
            In a message dated 3/23/2005 10:28:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
            skipper4095386@... writes:
            Hello,

            Welcome. I see you list Edwards as one of your names. My Edwards line is
            Sarah "Sallie" Edwards b. abt. 1831 married Sylvester Gardner on March 23,
            1852
            in Pitt County.

            Her father was William Orrell Edwards born June 1, 1804 and died September
            03, 1865 iin Pitt County. His wife is unknown. Would love to find her name!

            In the 1850 Pitt County census, the family is listed but there is no wife
            listed.

            His father was Britton Edwards born Craven County and died Beaufort County.
            He was married to Ann Orrell. I have a copy of Britton's will. He gives his
            daughter Joanna Downs his plantation on Chocowinity Creek, Beaufort County.

            His father was Walker Edwards married to Lydia unknown.

            Do any of these names sound familiar?

            Judy

            This does not look like the Edgecombe County, NC, Brittain Edwards, Sr.
            He did not have a daughter named Joanna Downs.

            I do not have the son of Brittain Edwards, Sr. listed as William Orrell
            Edwards, but as William Bryant Edwards. In his will Brittain Edwards, Sr. refers to
            this son as Bryant Edwards.

            Descendants of Brittain Sr. Edwards

            1 Brittain Sr. Edwards 1742 - 1813
            . +Ann Orrell
            ........ 2 Sally W. Edwards
            ............ +Thomas Dunford
            ........ 2 Tabitha Edwards 1774 - 1815
            ............ +Levin Eagles 1775 - 1815
            ........ 2 Silas Siley W. Edwards 1775 - 1843
            ............ +Nancy Ann Wooten 1779 - 1867
            ........ 2 Brittain Jr. Edwards 1775 - 1857
            ............ +Sally Ann Warren 1780 -
            ........ 2 William Bryant Edwards 1778 - 1843 ********
            ............ +Eliza Wooten
            ........ 2 Nancy Edwards 1780 - 1853
            ........ 2 Priscilla Siler Edwards 1781 - 1844
            ............ +Amos (Jr) Wooten 1793 - 1848
            ........ 2 Lucinda Edwards 1790 -
            ............ +Chapman Norville - 1850
            ........ 2 Harmon Edwards 1790 -
            ............ +Celia 1790 -
            ........ 2 John Gray Sr. Edwards 1807 - 1850
            ............ +Julia Briley 1820 - 1900

            Excerpted from this will:
            Item my desire after all my lawful debts paid and at the time above mentions
            all the property I have of also I desire to Value and equally divide amounts
            All my children Bytha Eagle, Siley Edwards, Britain Edwards Junior, Nancy
            Edwards, Bryant Edwards, Sillar W Edwards, Sally W Dunford, Harmon Edwards,
            Lucinda Norville

            Britain Edwards Sr - Edgecombe County, NC, Will Book E Page 165 - 1817
          • Rae Jean
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 23, 2005
              Judy and Faye
              I have different information on Britton Edwards of Beaufort County (marr Ann
              Orrell):

              Britton Edwards born estimate bef 1765 (if age 21 or older at time of 1786
              Tax List)
              1786 Beaufort County Tax List
              1790 Census, Beaufort County (1 male 16+ for Britton Edwards)
              c1800 NC marriage to Ann Orrell
              10 Sep 1815 Beaufort County Will of William Orrell "I do give and bequeath
              to my loving Daughter Ann Edwards One hundred and Sixty Acres of land lying
              on the North side of Nutons Run..... I do make constitute and ordain my two
              Sons in Law Tho. M. Adams and Britton Edwards my Executors of this my last
              Will and Testament, William Orrell (seal)"

              Have not decided parents of this Britton Edwards.... but a possibility is
              Walker Edwards who in his 11 July 1805 will Beaufort County indicated
              "Executors: Son Brittain Edwards, Walker Edwards."
              In his 1805 will, Walker Edwards listed wife Liddy and children as:
              Walker Edwards son
              Samuel Edwards son
              Liddy Edwards dau
              Rachel Edwards dau
              Rear? Edwards son
              David Edwards son
              Brittain Edwards son
              Julian De (no surname listed) dau
              Elizabeth (no surname listed) dau
              Juda (no surname listed) dau
              Christopher De (no surname listed) son
              Susannah (no surnamed listed) dau
              Howel Downes grandson

              Interesting when there are several men with the same name.
              Rae Jean ... in Tennessee

              :
[...]
              : _________________
              : If information is incorrect, would appreciate corrections and additions.
              : Faye Hays
            • Ruth Fentress
              Message 6 of 11 , May 15, 2008
                Marcia, who were the parents of Martha Ann EDWARDS who was the wife of
                Rev. Alfred Jackson Ellis ?
                Thank you.
                Ruth
              • Marcia McLawhorn
                Message 7 of 11 , May 15, 2008
                  It was Donna Owens' information, I did not have them in my database.
                  Perhaps she will see this and respond.
                  Marcia

                  Ruth Fentress <ruthbf@...> wrote:
                  Marcia, who were the parents of Martha Ann EDWARDS who was the wife of
                  Rev. Alfred Jackson Ellis ?
                  Thank you.
                  Ruth

                  .

                • Marcia McLawhorn
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 15, 2008
                    Ruth,
                    I researched this for you. Follow this link and you may have your answer:
                    http://searches2.rootsweb.com/th/read/ELLIS/1999-06/0928608924

                    In an email "From: Jeffrey Meeks" with the "Subject: [xrds] Ellis Bible records",
                    there is entry from ALFRED J. ELLIS FAMILY BIBLE showing:

                    Elisha Alfred J. Ellis married second in 1850,
                    Martha Ann 'Patsy' Edwards, dau of Cullen and Sarah Edwards.
                    She was born in 1829, and died on 10/18/1872.
                    ______________
                    Hopes this helps,
                    Marcia

                    Ruth Fentress <ruthbf@...> wrote:
                    Marcia, who were the parents of Martha Ann EDWARDS who was the wife of Rev. Alfred Jackson Ellis ?
                    Thank you.
                    Ruth

                    .

                  • jonefa
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 15, 2008
                      I do not have Martha Ann Edwards the daughter of Cullen and Sarah Edwards.

                      Deed Book 22, Page 703 (7 October 1841)

                      Division of Real Estate of Harmon Edwards, dec'd among his lawful heirs.To wit: (1) Ashley Edwards (2) Martha Ann Edwards (3) Jackey Louisa Edwards (4) Shadrach W. Edwards (5) Bryant W. Edwards (6) James B.Edwards (7) Zora Ann Crisp (8) Sally Edwards

                      Source: "Kinfolks of Edgecombe County, N.C. 1788-1855" by Joseph W.Watson 1969

                      This deed was written in 1841, and Martha Ann Edwards did not marry Andrew Jackson Ellis until May 28, 1850.

                      Harmon Edwards wife was named Celia.

                      And I never found a source for the last name of the wife of Elisha Ellis, Sr. whose name was listed in a Bible record as Elisha and Charity Ellis. It is assumed that her last name was Thomas but that has always struck me as being odd. The Thomas family were known Baptists forming a church called the Toisnot Baptist Church.

                      Elisha Ellis, Sr. built a Methodist Meeting House on his property. He lived on the stage coach road and travelling down that same road we come to another Baptist Church which was pastored by Joshua Barnes.

                      Faye Hays

                        Message 11 of 11 , May 25, 2008
                          Thank you Marcia, for your answer. It helped.
                          Ruth