Re: [genpcncfir] Pitt Chronicles

  • ceetauzin@cs.com
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 5, 2002
      rebh@... writes:

      << rebh@... (Evelyn Hendricks) >>
      I have a few Baileys in my family line that I am just now finding. I
      would appreciate it if I could speak with you on those names. The list seems
      to Grow. As you know; it still overwhelms me. Bonnette,Ellis Coon, Bailey,
      Akins and a few more are some of the newest one that I have found and the
      older known names Willis, Perkins,West,Strother, Van Melder- From Belgium,
      Merchant, Johnson, Garlington. But I guess that is what makes it so
      interesting It seems that most of these came from North and South Carolina
      Cecilia
    • ceetauzin@cs.com
      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 5, 2002
        charlie.helms@... writes:

        << charlie.helms@... (Charlynn Helms) >>
        I am just starting to work on the Thompsons . I failed to mention them in an
        earlier post. sorry. I was up last night going thru records trying to fill in
        spaces. Let me know if I might be able to help any. And I would appreciate
        any help you may be able to share.
        Cecilia
      • Evelyn Hendricks
        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 5, 2002
          None of the names you mentioned sound familiar, but they may be connected.
          I have not been able to find much on my Bailey line prior to 1800.
          Evelyn

          At 02:04 PM 09/05/2002 -0400, you wrote:
          >In a message dated 9/4/02 7:19:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
          >rebh@... writes:
          >
          ><< rebh@... (Evelyn Hendricks) >>
          > I have a few Baileys in my family line that I am just now finding. I
          >would appreciate it if I could speak with you on those names. The list seems
          >to Grow. As you know; it still overwhelms me. Bonnette,Ellis Coon, Bailey,
          >Akins and a few more are some of the newest one that I have found and the
          >older known names Willis, Perkins,West,Strother, Van Melder- From Belgium,
          >Merchant, Johnson, Garlington. But I guess that is what makes it so
          >interesting It seems that most of these came from North and South Carolina
          > Cecilia
          >

          >Our Group name has changed but our membership remains the same!
          >We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our dynamic group
          >if you are interested in genealogy discussion and research in Pitt and all
          >Eastern and Coastal North Carolina counties.

        • robertlcapps
          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 5, 2002
            Nancy,

            John Clark (1st. b. 1757 )m. Tamar Ward (or Welch) son William Clark
            born 1801 - married Nancy Caroline Wynn (no proof) - John Clark (b.
            1823) - married Sarah / Sophie -
            John Clark (born 1850-1853) m. Charlotte Helen Wynn in 1874.

            Any help?

            Marilyn
          • amaryllish@aol.com
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 5, 2002
              Hi Nancy and thank you for this offer. I was wondering if you would know the
              whereabouts of the Joseph Wainwright home. It was thought to be around
              Marlboro, but no one remembers for sure. Another building would be Joseph
              Brock's store at the crossroads of Marlboro. Again, Thanks. Amy Hunt
              Amaryllish@...

            • William Cole
              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 6, 2002
                Charlynn, what COLEs do you have in your research. I am researching the Coles of Pitt, Lenoir, and Wayne counties.

                bill
                wocole@...

              • William Cole
                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 6, 2002
                  Are there any COLEs in the Pitt County Chronicles? If so, would you send me that information?

                  Thanks

                  bill
                  wocole@...