Johnston Island/Prision Camp

  • Nancy Pittman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2002
      Hello Group,

      I have recently been getting a lot of e-mails from folks interested in the Johnston Island Prison Camp for Confederate Soldiers. Here is one of the most comprehensive, yet... haunting sites I have seen on this subject. http://www.mullins.cc/csa_cementery.htm My husbands gggg grandfather died as POW on Johnston Island. His love for his county remains to be told in the poems he wrote while imprisoned, web page is at: http://www.pioneers-portals-and-paths.org/levi.htm

      Haud Obliviscendum
      "Lest it ever be forgotten"