Maryetta Anderson

  • Deborah Barnes
    Message 1 of 21 , Jun 1, 2002
      Looking for info on Maryetta Anderson
      Born April 26, 1876
      Died November 17, 1926
      Was married to Charles Madison Franks from Vanceboro, NC, Craven Co.

      Where was she from and who were her parents. Not sure where she was from .

    • deborahbarnes2002
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 25, 2002
        I am looking for any info on my great grandmother
        Maryetta Anderson
        Born April 26, 1876
        Died November 17, 1926

        Was married to Charles Madison Franks
        Craven Co, NC

        I have found their marriage bond and they were married in Beaufort
        Co, Looking for her parents names and where they were from?
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 25, 2002
          http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/nc/clay/cemeteries/swemecce.txt

          I am looking for any info on my great grandmother
          Maryetta Anderson
          Born April 26, 1876
          Died November 17, 1926

          Was married to Charles Madison Franks
          Craven Co, NC

          I have found their marriage bond and they were married in Beaufort
          Co, Looking for her parents names and where they were from?

          Paula Anne Baker
          paulabaker69@...
          Greene County NC

          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 26, 2002
            My cousin Nancy Grogan did this lookup for you. During the day as I can, I
            will check some of these Marys to see if one of them could be your Mary
            Etta. From what I saw on Rootsweb, I think the two names may have been
            separated as in Mary Etta. The results below are from the 1880 census. If
            one looks particularly

            ANDERSON, Mary Dau <1873> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Caswel StonyCreek
            ANDERSON, Mary Dau <1875> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Ashe ChestnuHil
            ANDERSON, Mary E. Dau <1875> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Wake MarksCreek
            ANDERSON, Mary Dau <1875> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Wayne Brogden
            ANDERSON, Mary Dau <1876> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Cherok Notala
            ANDERSON, Mary A. Dau <1877> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Rockin Madison
            ANDERSON, Mary GDau <1878> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Haywoo Waynesvill
            ANDERSON, Mary Dau <1878> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Madiso MiddForOIv
            ANDERSON, Mary E. Dau <1879> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Edgeco LowFishCre
            ANDERSON, Mary Dau <1879> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Orange Durham
            ANDERSON, Mary Dau <1879> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Wake MarksCreek
            ANDERSON, Mary E. Dau <1879> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Wilkes BrushMount

            Message 5 of 21 , Aug 28, 2002
              I cannot tell nothing from the list you sent me. All I know is this
              Maryetta Anderson born April 26,1876 died November 17, 1926 was married to
              Charles Madison Franks from Craven Co, Vanceboro Area

              There were married in Beaufort Co, NC.

            • Deborah Barnes
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 8, 2002
                I have looked everywhere I could think of for my great grandmother and have
                hit walls everywhere I have been. I am hoping someone out there can help me

                Maryetta Anderson
                Born April 26, 1876
                Died August 10, 1938

                was married to Charles Madison Franks from Craven Co, NC.

                I am looking for her parents names or even what county she was from. I
                found one that I thought was it but this Anderson woman died and was married
                to someone else. Death dates aren't even close.

                Can someone please help me?

              • Tracy Stancil/mail.hotmail.com
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 8, 2002
                  Deborah,
                  Two things to check.
                  First check the 1880 Soundex for Anderson in NC to see if you can find Maryetta as a toddler on that 1880 census. She may have been listed as Maryetta, Mary Etta, Mary Ella, Mary E., M.E., etc. etc. etc.
                  Second thing to check.
                  You have to find specifically what county she got married in- that marriage record should name her parents. I would search the marriage index for Craven, Beaufort, Pitt , Lenoir and others until she is found.
                  What county did Charles and Maryetta Anderson Franks live in ?
                  You can not solve a "brickwall" or question like this just by asking questions on line. You will have to get out and actually do some active research.
                  Where/ what county did Maryetta Anderson Franks die? Look in that county for her death certificate which should name her parents- if the informant knew that information.
                  If you find her marriage record and her death certificate and there is still no mention of her parents, that COULD be a clue that she may have been illegitimate. Just something to consider. Brickwalls sometimes are the result of an illegitimate birth.
                  That's about all I can think of right now. Hope it gives you some direction in your research.
                  Best of luck,
                  Tracy
                  I have looked everywhere I could think of for my great grandmother and have
                  hit walls everywhere I have been. I am hoping someone out there can help me

                  Maryetta Anderson
                  Born April 26, 1876
                  Died August 10, 1938

                  was married to Charles Madison Franks from Craven Co, NC.

                  I am looking for her parents names or even what county she was from. I
                  found one that I thought was it but this Anderson woman died and was married
                  to someone else. Death dates aren't even close.

                  Can someone please help me?

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • diane collins
                    I have looked everywhere I could think of for my great grandmother and have
                    hit walls everywhere I have been. I am hoping someone out there can help me

                    Maryetta Anderson
                    Born April 26, 1876
                    Died August 10, 1938

                    was married to Charles Madison Franks from Craven Co, NC.

                    I am looking for her parents names or even what county she was from. I
                    found one that I thought was it but this Anderson woman died and was married
                    to someone else. Death dates aren't even close.

                    Can someone please help me?

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                  • Tracy Stancil/mail.hotmail.com
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 8, 2002
                      Diane,
                      That is a good point to make and something Deborah should keep in mind as a possibility. However, the parents were often named even if they were deceased. In fact some of the marriage licenses I have seen say:
                      father of the bride is "John Doe", deceased- mother of bride " Jane Doe" deceased.
                      Tracy

                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 8, 2002
                        She's in the 1920 census with Charlie M. Franks. Her nickname must have
                        been Mattie. She is 44 in 1920, which fits. They are in Craven Co NC.
                        Vanceboro. There is a list of children with them. I can look around to see
                        if a possible parent is nearby.

                        Paula

                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 8, 2002
                          Here are some Anderson in 1920. Same County. Same Township. The William
                          Anderson could be a brother.

                          Anderson, George View Image Online
                          Age: 28 Year: 1920
                          Birthplace: North Carolina Roll: T625_1293
                          Race: White Page: 18A

                          State: North Carolina ED: 12

                          County: Craven Image: 37

                          Township: Vanceboro

                          Anderson, Henry View Image Online
                          Age: 32 Year: 1920
                          Birthplace: North Carolina Roll: T625_1293
                          Race: White Page: 17A

                          State: North Carolina ED: 12

                          County: Craven Image: 35

                          Township: Vanceboro

                          Anderson, Isaac View Image Online
                          Age: 24 Year: 1920
                          Birthplace: North Carolina Roll: T625_1293
                          Race: White Page: 16B

                          State: North Carolina ED: 12

                          County: Craven Image: 34

                          Township: Vanceboro

                          Anderson, William View Image Online
                          Age: 52 Year: 1920

                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 8, 2002
                            This is from the LDS site:

                            I believe this is the William Anderson in the 1920 census. He is listed
                            with a Martha. Also, I found a posting on the internet that stated that a
                            whole group of Anderson boys from Craven married Edwards girls.

                            That might help you.

                            William ANDERSON (AFN: 1T45-CTW) Pedigree
                            Sex: M Family

                            Event(s):
                            Birth: 3 Dec 1873
                            , Craven, Nc
                            Death: 1 Apr 1953

                            Parents:

                            Marriage(s):
                            Spouse: Martha Elizabeth EDWARDS (AFN: 1T45-6WG) Family
                            Marriage:

                          • rootspuzzle
                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 8, 2002
                              ID: I116714513
                              Name: Maryetta ANDERSON
                              Given Name: Maryetta
                              Surname: Anderson
                              Sex: F
                              Birth: April 26, 1876
                              Death: August 10, 1938

                              Father: Elias ANDERSON b: 1847
                              Mother: Marthiam or Marthia M b: 1846

                              Marriage 1 Charles Madison FRANKS b: March 30, 1868 in Vanceboro,NC
                              Children
                              Erenst Edward FRANKS b: June 27, 1893 in Vanceboro,NC
                              Glen G FRANKS b: November 5, 1912 in Vanceboro, NC
                              Cledus FRANKS b: 1910
                              Irene FRANKS b: June 15, 1899 in Vanceboro, NC
                              Lilly FRANKS b: December 15, 1901 in Vanceboro, NC
                              Mary FRANKS b: November 9, 1894 in Vanceboro, NC
                              Terry FRANKS b: October 1, 1905 in Vanceboro, NC
                              found on ancestry Hope this helps
                              sue
                              --- In genpcncfir@y..., "Deborah Barnes" <dbarnes@p...> wrote:
                              > I have looked everywhere I could think of for my great grandmother
                              and have
                              > hit walls everywhere I have been. I am hoping someone out there
                              can help me

                              > Maryetta Anderson
                              > Born April 26, 1876
                              > Died August 10, 1938
                              >
                              > was married to Charles Madison Franks from Craven Co, NC.
                              >
                              > I am looking for her parents names or even what county she was
                              from. I
                              > found one that I thought was it but this Anderson woman died and
                              was married
                              > to someone else. Death dates aren't even close.
                              >
                              > Can someone please help me?

                            • Deborah Barnes
                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 8, 2002
                                please look around and see if you see a parent living nearby/

                                I have looked everywhere I could think of for my great grandmother and have
                                hit walls everywhere I have been. I am hoping someone out there can help me

                                Maryetta Anderson
                                Born April 26, 1876
                                Died August 10, 1938

                                was married to Charles Madison Franks from Craven Co, NC.

                                I am looking for her parents names or even what county she was from. I
                                found one that I thought was it but this Anderson woman died and was married
                                to someone else. Death dates aren't even close.

                                Can someone please help me?

                                Paula Anne Baker
                                paulabaker69@...
                                Greene County NC

                                4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
                                http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/ymOolB/TM

                              • HUBCAPTG@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 9, 2002
                                  By the time she (Maryetta) died, you should be able to obtain a death
                                  certificate that would give you possibly some info...also, try searching the
                                  counties surrounding Craven...even by two or three counties in every
                                  direction by census...etc.

                                  One of the big mistakes I've made in searching for my family, is that I
                                  didn't realize how extensively these people of pre-rail travell actually did
                                  move around. Especially the men. Your Maryetta may well be from a county
                                  adjoining Craven...and her husband may have been from somewhere far
                                  away...even the next state...

                                  Look at all the books available to you re the state you're researching...bits
                                  and pieces will put the puzzle together for you. Good luck.

                                  t.green
                                • bluidkiti
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Nov 18, 2007
                                    --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "deborahbarnes2002" <dbarnes@...>
                                    wrote:

                                    > Looking info on Maryetta Anderson
                                    > Born April 26, 1876
                                    > Died November 17, 1926
                                    >
                                    > Married Charles Madison Franks from Craven Co
                                    > They were married on August 22, 1891 in Beaufort Co
                                    >
                                    > I am thinking that maybe her and her people were from Beaufort Co
                                    > being they got married there. Can anyone help me.

                                    Hi, My name is Tammy Smith Boyle.
                                    I saw your questions about these 2 people on this site
                                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genpcncfir/.

                                    From the things I read at this site this morning, I believe these 2
                                    are my great grandparents.
                                    I saw this information listed here
                                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genpcncfir/:
                                    ID: I116714513
                                    Name: Maryetta ANDERSON
                                    Given Name: Maryetta
                                    Surname: Anderson
                                    Sex: F
                                    Birth: April 26, 1876
                                    Death: August 10, 1938

                                    Father: Elias ANDERSON b: 1847
                                    Mother: Marthiam or Marthia M b: 1846

                                    Marriage 1 Charles Madison FRANKS b: March 30, 1868 in Vanceboro,NC
                                    Children
                                    Erenst Edward FRANKS b: June 27, 1893 in Vanceboro,NC
                                    Glen G FRANKS b: November 5, 1912 in Vanceboro, NC
                                    Cledus FRANKS b: 1910
                                    Irene FRANKS b: June 15, 1899 in Vanceboro, NC
                                    Lilly FRANKS b: December 15, 1901 in Vanceboro, NC
                                    Mary FRANKS b: November 9, 1894 in Vanceboro, NC
                                    Terry FRANKS b: October 1, 1905 in Vanceboro, NC

                                    Irene Franks was my grandmother. She married Ed Smith. I have
                                    pictures of my grandmother's parents tombstones. This is the info
                                    listed on their tombstones:

                                    Mettie Wife of C. M. Franks
                                    Apr 26, 1876
                                    Nov. 17, 1926

                                    Charlie Franks
                                    Mar 30, 1868
                                    Aug 10, 1938

                                    My grandmother, Irene, and grandfather Ed Smith lived in Clay Root
                                    when they died. I also remember Uncle Glen, Aunt Lilly, Aunt Mary and
                                    Aunt Terry. Aunt Lilly lived on the River Road. Aunt Terry lied up
                                    around Clay Root. I use to live on the River Road outside of
                                    Vanceboro when I was a little girl. I lived in the house on the hill
                                    and back then there was this huge oak tree in the front yard. Uncle
                                    Glen lived up the road from me in what was the home place. They had a
                                    daughter, Lucille. I think Lucille still lives on the River Road. I
                                    visited where I use to live back a few years ago and took some
                                    pictures of the tombstones that were in the yard there. They were the
                                    graves of my great grandparents which I listed above. My father was
                                    Charles Durwood Smith. We were living on the River Rood at the time
                                    of his death in 1969. He was named after Charles Franks.

                                    The story I have heard told of my great grandparents is that my great
                                    grandfather left my great grandmother. My great grandmother killed
                                    herself sometime afterwards. Afterward Uncle Glen who was a teenager
                                    at the time of his mother's death went to live with my grandmother, Irene.

                                    I also saw mention of this article on this site
                                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genpcncfir/ where I found you:
                                    Wed. Dec 21, 1898, page 3, col 3, Died: Mr. E. H. Anderson, of Craven
                                    Co, who
                                    resided near Vanceboro, on Thur. last from the effects of a wound in
                                    the thigh
                                    inflicted about a month ago by Mr. Charles Franks, the son in law of Mr.
                                    Anderson.

                                    Were you ever able to obtain the full article and if so may I have a
                                    copy?
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Nov 19, 2007
                                      Dear Deborah,
                                      I do know that our kin married often enough in
                                      counties other than their residence. Sometimes, it was
                                      because of kin still living in the county where the
                                      family first settled. Other times it was the
                                      birthplace of the bride or groom. Another reason was
                                      that it was the couple's honeymoon choice, and yet
                                      another was that they wanted to be married by a
                                      particular family friend, justice of the peace,
                                      minister, or relative. Sometimes, too, it was for the
                                      convenience of someone the family wanted present at
                                      the wedding but who could not travel outside the
                                      county on that particular date or somebody other than
                                      the parents was hosting the wedding at their church or
                                      home or whatever location it was the couple had
                                      chosen.
                                      I'll see if I can find anything new on this
                                      couple. A newspaper article from that time period
                                      would be a good beginning if any of our group has
                                      access to archives from Beaufort.
                                      Later, Carol