Orphine/Ortha Tyson Death Certificate

    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2002
      County: Pitt
      Township: Winterville

      volume 1 page 875

      Orphine* Tyson
      Female
      White
      Widowed
      age about 74
      Birthplace: Greene Co
      Father: Tommie Tyson
      BPlace of father: Greene Co NC
      Mother: Rachel Turnage
      BPlace of mother: Greene Co NC
      Informant: J. T.? Jones or Joner
      Filed 7/18/1918
      Registrar: Rudolph Croom
      Date of Death: July 17, 1918
      Cause of Death: Cardiac Dropsy Duration: 12 years
      Signed: B. J. Cox Address: Winterville
      Place of Burial or Removal: Reddy Branch Cemetery
      Date of Burial: 7/17/1918
      Undertaker: A. G. Cox, Winterville, NC

      Orphine Tyson is probably the Ortha Tyson buried in Reedy Branch cemetery.
      She was aged 71 years when she died according to the headstone there. This
      is possibly one of the children listed with George Washington Tyson and wife
      Sarah in the 1850 Pitt County census. She also may be the Offey listed with
      Thomas Tyson and wife Rachel Turnage in the 1860 Greene Co census. Geo. W.
      Tyson and wife had died by the 1860 census. Even though she's listed as a
      child of Tommie Tyson and Rachel Turnage, she may not be. I would like to
      find her in the 1880 census. She would probably be living in Pitt County by
      this time. If you have a census index, I'd appreciate a lookup. I'll be
      posting more info as I get it typed.

      Paula