Speight/Darden/Moye unknown cemetery in Greene Co

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2002
      The information below is posted on the Greene Co site. This is an unknown
      cemetery. This points to what I was saying about Rachel Speight Moye Tyson.
      Rachel Speight married Elbert Moye. AFter he died she married Thomas Tyson.
      William A. Darden below was also the brother of Priscilla Ann Darden who
      married James Baker b. abt. 1804. Would appreciate any info anyone has on
      these families. In 1880 Rachel Tyson is listed with son Henry Tyson in
      Greene Co census. She died in 1886. This is a breakthrough for me. These
      are all people who married into my family but may not be in my direct line.
      The first marriages of Thomas Tyson b. abt. 1810 and James Baker b. abt.
      1804 are the ones I need.

      Paula

      Sarah Catherine Darden, wife of William Abram Darden and daughter of Elbert
      &
      Rachel Moye, born April 4th, 1836, died Aug. 25th, 1863, aged 27 yrs.,4
      mos., &21 ds.

      Sacred to the memory of our grandmother, Rachel S. Moye, born Nov. 12, 1812,
      died Mar. 9, 1886

      Louisa M. wife of Abner Speight, born Nov. 11, 1820, died May, 10, 1890

      Abner Speight, Nov. 17, 1811, Nov. 30, 1874

      Nov. 1 (????) died Nov. 20, 1854 (broken, illegible) 1 year, 11 days

      Sacred to the memory of Abner Speight, died (broken off) (This marker is in
      addition
      to the one above, but close to it.

      Paula Anne Baker
      paulabaker69@...