Lanier?

  • Alan & Ginni
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 2 4:38 PM
      Hello Group,
      This is my first posting to the group at large.
      I need help in verifying a marriage between Robert Lanier 1786-1870 and Mary Elizabeth Ann Campbell. Most sites state that he was married to Mary Perry. Then up popped another name> She was born in Pitt and married in Pitt? I have asked a member direct, and wasn't answered? So maybe someone out there has an answer?
      I also a bits of information on some of the families in Pitt, most are directly related. Whitehurst, Wynn, Tripp, Tyson, Rogers, Clark, Cherry, Peel.
      Seems like I go in fifty direction at one time. What I have I would be more than happy to share.
      Thanks for the help,
      Ginni
      Virginia J.Curtis

      SEARCHING & RESEARCHING: North Carolina:CLARK/LANIER/WYNN/PEEL/ROGERS/+
      Cullipher/Tyson/Joyner/Nichols/Cherry/Whitehurst/Harris/Davenport
      Cayton/Maiden/Beach/McKeel/+++

      Michigan:CURTIS/PREBISH/PRZYBYCZ/PAZIK/HEPPNER/+++

      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 2 5:02 PM
        Ginny,
        Who are your Tysons? I'm always looking.
        Paula

        Message 3 of 19 , Mar 2 5:06 PM
          Ginni,

          Check out some of these site.

          Marilyn

          http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=laura47&id=I8960

          Buckmaster, Holmes, Lanier & Thurber Family Tree

          Entries: 65915 Updated: Sat Mar 2 12:43:45 2002 Contact: Laura Buckmaster <buck@...>

          Index | Descendancy | Register | Pedigree | Ahnentafel | Download GEDCOM | Add Post-em

          ID: I8960
          Name: Robert LANIER
          Sex: M
          Birth: 1786 in Martin County, North Carolina
          Death: bef 1870

          Father: Robert LANIER b: abt 1752 in Tyrrell County, North Carolina
          Mother: Elizabeth CHURCHILL b: bef 1765 in North Carolina

          Marriage 1 Mary PERRY b: 1795 in Martin County, North Carolina

          Married: 1825 in North Carolina

          Marriage 2 Mary Ann Elizabeth CAMPBELL b: in Pitt County, North Carolina

          Married: 17 Mar 1826 in Pitt County, North Carolina

          Children

          1. John Robert LANIER b: 7 Jan 1827 in Martin County, North Carolina
          2. Milly A. LANIER b: 1828 in Martin County, North Carolina
          3. William B. LANIER b: 1830 in Martin County, North Carolina
          4. Elizabeth LANIER b: 1832 in Martin County, North Carolina
          5. Churchill C. LANIER b: 22 Oct 1834 in Martin County, North Carolina
          6. Harriet Isabelle LANIER b: 1836 in Tarboro, Edgecombe County, North Carolina
          7. Noah T. LANIER b: 1839 in Martin County, North Carolina
          8. Henry H. LANIER b: 1842 in Martin County, North Carolina

          RESEARCHING: BEACH/BIGGS/CLARK/DANIEL/LANIER/PAGE/PERRY/RIDDICK/WARD?/WYNN
        • Gil Harris
          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 2 5:08 PM
            Ginny..I see you have HARRIS listed...any chance there is Guilford or Joseph
            in your list ?? Have a great weekend..
            Gil Harris
            HARRIS/DAIL/McLAWHORN/

            Eastern North Carolina counties.

          • Alan & Ginni
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 2 8:23 PM
              Marilyn, what is wrong with your email?????? I have sent a dozen different
              things?
              Ginni
            • Alan & Ginni
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 2 8:33 PM
                Paula,
                WOW,
                my Tyson are direct through my Aunt Mable Joy Tyson Clark- Hugh Pereane-Noah
                Wyatt- Moses-Moses. I have all the info on this part with wife and
                children. Paul Dean Tyson did most of the work. I only had to add my end
                and there all in Pitt. If u need any of it I will send it to u
                Ginni
              • Alan & Ginni
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 2 8:38 PM
                  Gil, I think most of my Harris material in already list , and on file with
                  the group. Look in the files under Ginni southern family than go to Cherry,
                  Whitehurst I think that's where it is?
                  Ginni
                • Alan & Ginni
                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 2 8:40 PM
                    Gil, just ck, it's under Ginni Southern Search.
                    Ginni
                  • Alan & Ginni
                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 2 9:16 PM
                      Marilyn,
                      LDS has Mary Perry listed as mother of all children, This is the third site
                      I have seen the Campbell name. If it's Campbell there is no line to the
                      Perry. a new direction of the Campbell family is in order? How do I get a
                      copy of the marriage lines? Or how do I verify it?
                      Did u rec. the census (3) two for Baldy Wynn and one for John Clark? is
                      your email cox.net?
                      Ginni
                    • Robert L. Capps
                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 3 1:31 AM
                        Ginni,

                        you have to make sure its robertlcapps@... *(take the old one out of your address book)

                        Marilyn

                      • HUBCAPTG@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 3 9:38 PM
                          I hate to reply to the whole list, but...since I got everybody else's
                          query...does anyone have parents for Mary Perry...I'm still looking for
                          family of Shadrack Perry who lived in Pitt county at least in 1790...gone by
                          1800...to Ga...Washington county.
                          had one son named Shadrack jr., James, (who was older)...and some
                          relationship, (uncle, father...) to William Perry...who married Sarah Barber.

                          thanks,
                          Trisha Green
                          hubcaptg@...
                        • Deborah Barnes
                          Message 12 of 19 , Mar 4 5:53 AM
                            I don't know if this will help you or not, but I found this and thought I
                            would share with you...
                            ID:115671147
                            Name: Ezekiel Shadrack Perry
                            Sex: M
                            Birth: 1800
                            Death: 13 Jun 1844 in Alabama
                            Burial: Jun 1844
                            Change Date: 13 Jan 2000
                            Note: Ancestral File No : WHD6-KX

                            Father: Ezekiel S. Perry
                            b: Abt 1724 inPerquimans, NC
                            Mother: Sarah Eason
                            B: 1724 in Perquimans, NC

                            Marriage: Elizabeth Douglass
                            b: 18 Sept 1801
                            Marrie: 5 Dec 1824

                            children:
                            1. John Junius Perry
                            Mary Ann Perry
                            Oliver Hazzard Perry
                            Virginia Perry
                            Daniel McDouglald Perry
                            Louisa Perry

                            I hate to reply to the whole list, but...since I got everybody else's
                            query...does anyone have parents for Mary Perry...I'm still looking for
                            family of Shadrack Perry who lived in Pitt county at least in 1790...gone by

                            1800...to Ga...Washington county.
                            had one son named Shadrack jr., James, (who was older)...and some
                            relationship, (uncle, father...) to William Perry...who married Sarah Barber

                            thanks,
                            Trisha Green
                            hubcaptg@...

                            FREE COLLEGE MONEY
                            CLICK HERE to search
                            600,000 scholarships!
                            http://us.click.yahoo.com/iZp8OC/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/ymOolB/TM

                          • Deborah Barnes
                            Message 13 of 19 , Mar 4 5:58 AM
                              There is more but I thought I would see if this is what you are looking for
                              if it is let me know and I will print out what else is there and send it to
                              you. I love researching my family tree and have found out alot about them
                              since I've started, everyone is so good tolook up things for you and share
                              what they have.

                              Message 14 of 19 , Mar 4 10:57 AM
                                Thanks for that, but unfortunately, although they are the right names and
                                dates...children etc...there is no proof that Ezekiel Shadrack and my
                                Shadrack are one in the same. My Shadrack was probably born prior to 1800 in
                                NC, but he lived in Washington co., Ga. after at least 1812, and I've found a
                                newspaper excert for the sale of his father's (the late Shadrack Perry of
                                Washington county) belongings. I passed all my info. on to some other people
                                working on the Perry lines, and they "assumed" much...but have offered no
                                proof. It would be nice if this were the correct person...but I don't think
                                it is.

                                but thanks very much anyway.
                                Trisha Green
                              • Alan & Ginni
                                Message 15 of 19 , Mar 4 11:54 PM
                                  Trisha,
                                  I to am trying to validate Mary Perry. Not sure which one u are looking
                                  for? But did find on rootsweb;
                                  Mary Perry b,1795 Martin Co. NC m.
                                  Robert Lanier 17 Feb. 1825
                                  Father: Noah Perry
                                  Mother Milly Crocker.
                                  Not sure of the source?, just another lead?
                                  Ginni
                                • HUBCAPTG@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Mar 5 4:44 PM
                                    Will print and keep, but am as much in the dark here as you...(and I thought
                                    Perry would be an easy name! HA)
                                    Trisha
                                  • Robert L. Capps
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Mar 5 6:21 PM
                                      Ginni

                                      On the site I found for you the other night, here is a list of the Perry's from that site....Who are you looking for?

                                      Marilyn

                                      http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=SHOW&db=laura47&recno=48122
                                      According to the information on this site, Mary Perry was his wife in 1825 and he married Mary Campbell in 1826.

                                      Does this help.

                                      Marilyn

                                      Here's the information showing Robert marrying Mary Perry.

                                      Buckmaster, Holmes, Lanier & Thurber Family Tree

                                      Entries: 65996 Updated: Mon Mar 4 08:19:40 2002 Contact: Laura Buckmaster <buck@...>

                                      Index | Download GEDCOM | Add Post-em

                                      ID: I8961
                                      Name: Mary PERRY
                                      Sex: F
                                      Birth: 1795 in Martin County, North Carolina
                                      Death: bef 1870

                                      Marriage 1 Robert LANIER b: 1786 in Martin County, North Carolina

                                      Married: 1825 in North Carolina

                                      Buckmaster, Holmes, Lanier & Thurber Family Tree

                                      Entries: 65996 Updated: Mon Mar 4 08:19:40 2002 Contact: Laura Buckmaster <buck@...>

                                      Enter surname OR surname, given to find:

                                      No Surname < A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z >

                                      PERRY
                                      PERRY
                                      PERRY
                                      PERRY, Ambra Lee
                                      PERRY, Andrew Joseph
                                      PERRY, Ann Marie
                                      PERRY, Anna Maria
                                      PERRY, Birdie
                                      PERRY, Bobby Dean
                                      PERRY, Bobby Dean
                                      PERRY, Catherine Linton b: 21 Dec 1892 in Madison, Florida d: 7 Nov 1918 in Madison, Florida
                                      PERRY, Charlotte Louise
                                      PERRY, Donald Avant
                                      PERRY, Douglas Leslie
                                      PERRY, Eliza
                                      PERRY, Elton
                                      PERRY, Frank L'Engle Bowden b: 23 Jan 1901 in Jacksonville, Florida d: 24 Aug 1901
                                      PERRY, Franklin
                                      PERRY, Georgia Lucinda b: 28 Oct 1912 d: 7 Mar 1993 in Beaumont, Jefferson County, Texas
                                      PERRY, Hannah b: 13 Apr 1728 in Westerly, Washington County, Rhode Island d: 5 Nov 1795
                                      PERRY, Henrietta
                                      PERRY, Homer
                                      PERRY, Hubert
                                      PERRY, James b: 10 Dec 1826 d: 23 Oct 1887 in Gilbird's Cemetery, Elkhorn Township, Brown County, Illinois
                                      PERRY, James Howard
                                      PERRY, Jann
                                      PERRY, Jason Eric
                                      PERRY, Jeptha
                                      PERRY, Jeptha Lanier
                                      PERRY, Joseph Donald
                                      PERRY, Josephine
                                      PERRY, Joshua
                                      PERRY, Joyce
                                      PERRY, Julia b: abt 1835 in Early County, Georgia d: abt 1862 in Early County, Georgia
                                      PERRY, Kevin
                                      PERRY, Lattie
                                      PERRY, Laura Judson b: 27 Jan 1886 d: 9 Mar 1971 in Albany, Dougherty County, Georgia
                                      PERRY, Laura Kay
                                      PERRY, Mary b: 1795 in Martin County, North Carolina d: bef 1870
                                      PERRY, Mary Florence b: 10 May 1929 in Fayette County, Alabama d: 29 Oct 1970 in Fayette County,
                                      Alabama
                                      PERRY, Mathias b: 22 Dec 1812 in Putnam County, Georgia d: 21 May 1871 in Bibb County, Alabama
                                      PERRY, Michael "Mike" Wiley
                                      PERRY, Mollie Lanier
                                      PERRY, Molly Gail
                                      PERRY, Nancy Ann b: 16 Aug 1810 in Laurens County, Georgia d: 7 Dec 1847 in Early County, Georgia
                                      PERRY, Oliver Hazard
                                      PERRY, Pamela Lynn
                                      PERRY, Paul Colson
                                      PERRY, Pearl
                                      PERRY, Rebecca b: 26 Aug 1812 in Tennessee d: 30 Mar 1895 in Brown County, Illinois
                                      PERRY, Roza Lynn Nanette
                                      PERRY, Ruth b: 30 Apr 1919 in Fayette County, Alabama d: 3 Apr 1995 in Brilliant, Marion County, Alabama
                                      PERRY, Sandra J.
                                      PERRY, Sarah Lanier
                                      PERRY, Sarah M.
                                      PERRY, Steven Davis
                                      PERRY, Susan
                                      PERRY, Susan Emma Dora b: 19 Nov 1887 in Fayette County, Alabama d: 23 Aug 1954
                                      PERRY, Thomas Clarence
                                      PERRY, Thomas Logan
                                      PERRY, Thomas Wiley b: 16 Dec 1876 in Fayette County, Alabama d: 6 Jun 1943 in Fayette County, Alabama
                                      PERRY, Violet
                                      PERRY, William "Bill"
                                      PERRYMAN, Daisy Alice b: 9 Sep 1892 in Tyler County, Texas d: 11 Mar 1965 in Jasper, Jasper County,
                                      Texas
                                      PERRYMAN, Frances Jean
                                      PERRYMAN, Lovice
                                      PERRYMAN, Matthew John b: 3 Sep 1858 in Town Bluff, Tyler County, Texas d: 29 Dec 1931 in Spurger,
                                      Tyler County, Texas
                                      PERSONS, Ellie b: 14 Jun 1891 d: 24 May 1966 in DeKalb, Kemper County, Mississippi
                                      PERSONS, Jimmie Hopper b: 20 Dec 1892 in Scooba, Mississippi d: 3 Sep 1977 in West Point, Clay County,
                                      Mississippi
                                      PERT, Alice Madelyn
                                      PERT, David M.
                                      PERVIS, Precullia Ann b: 1824 in Mississippi d: 10 Aug 1859 in Nacogdoches County, Texas
                                      PETERS
                                      PETERS, Anna d: in Seamans Cemetery (near Chester, Tyler County, Texas)
                                      PETERS, Elizabeth b: 3 Feb 1807 in Tennessee d: 6 Feb 1841 in Indiana
                                      PETERS, Gerald L. b: abt 1852 in Tyler County, Texas
                                      PETERS, Hannah
                                      PETERS, Isaac W. b: 23 Mar 1831 d: 3 Oct 1900 in Tyler County, Texas
                                      PETERS, Isaac Washington b: 23 Mar 1831 d: 5 Oct 1900 in Tyler County, Texas
                                      PETERS, Isaac Washington b: 12 Aug 1874 in Tyler County, Texas d: 24 Oct 1879 in Tyler County, Texas
                                      PETERS, J. R. b: 17 Jun 1849 d: 12 Mar 1932
                                      PETERS, Jackie Ann
                                      PETERS, James B. b: abt 1860
                                      PETERS, Joseph
                                      PETERS, Joseph
                                      PETERS, Joseph Hilliard b: 31 Dec 1855 in Tyler County, Texas d: 20 Jan 1933 in Tyler County, Texas
                                      PETERS, Lucinda
                                      PETERS, Lucinda b: 12 May 1875 in Tyler County, Texas d: 27 May 1921 in Tyler County, Texas
                                      PETERS, Martha L.
                                      PETERS, Olive J. b: 1 Jan 1858 in Tyler County, Texas d: 1 May 1943 in Tyler County, Texas
                                      PETERS, Rebecca b: 5 May 1888 d: 28 Apr 1907
                                      PETERS, Robert
                                      PETERS, Sarah b: abt 1863
                                      PETERS, Sarah Smith
                                      PETERS, Thomas
                                      PETERS, W. C.
                                      PETERS, William b: 1884
                                      PETERS, William J. b: 19 Jul 1887 in Tyler County, Texas d: 19 Jun 1942 in Chester, Tyler County, Texas
                                      PETERSON
                                      PETERSON
                                      PETERSON, Betty Mae

                                      Search Ancestry Search AWT Join Ancestry.com Today!

                                      About Us | Contact Us | Affiliate Program | Privacy Statement
                                      Copyright © 1998- 2002 , MyFamily.com Inc. and its subsidiaries
                                      All use and access to Ancestry.com subject to license

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Mar 6 12:33 AM
                                        I emailed her, quote! I got ALL my information from "Lanier book by Louise
                                        Ingersoll!!!!!! and can't help u
                                      • Alan & Ginni
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Mar 6 12:42 AM
                                          Marilyn,
                                          go and look up message from Deborah Barnes, 7212? Correct names wrong yrs.
                                          Wonder how many Robert Laniers and Mary Perry there are?
                                          thanks for the help
                                          Ginni