Re: [genpcncfir] Mary Lula Tyson/William Baker/Henry Beddard

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 28, 2002
      We know that Mary Lula's mother's first name was Francis. She was called
      Fanny Tyson. We don't know what her maiden name was. She is listed in the
      1860 and 1870 censuses with Thomas Tyson and Rachel Tyson of Greene Co. We
      don't know if she was a Tyson herself or if she married a Tyson then
      divorced him or if she was ever married. On Mary Lula's death certificate,
      her father is listed as Tom Tyson, but we had a relative who filled out most
      of the death certificates incorrectly for the family. If he didn't know
      something, he just made it up. Mary Lula is listed as Mary Sue Beddard on
      her death certificate. I have it at home, I believe.

      In the 1880 Pitt County census, Fanny Tyson is listed with "Pussy" Tyson and
      William G. Tyson, her brother. They are listed as her children. There is
      some doubt about his middle initial. I think on his infant children's
      headstones in Reedy Branch cemetery, his middle initial is listed as M. And
      we knew that from our family history.

      In other collections of data, Fanny is listed as a child of Thomas Tyson and
      Rachel in the 1860 Greene County census. She may have been a
      daughter-in-law. She could have been Rachel's child from another marriage.
      William Tyson, Mary Lula's brother, married Annie Allen. Her mother is
      listed as Martha. Don't know any more about her. William and Annie had no
      children who survived babyhood. I think Annie Allen's picture is posted on
      the PCFR web site in the photo collection. In the 1860 census, Moses Tyson
      and George Tyson are also listed. They are younger than Fanny and not listed
      just under her. The women are listed then the men.

      Paula

      Paula Anne Baker
      paulabaker69@...
      Greene County NC