Re: Summerill

  • amaryllish@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2002
      Pitt Co.Genealogy Quarterly, Vol VII, No. 1
      Cannon marriages, 1867-1900
      Cannon, Elias Age 22, Parents not given married Christainy Summerill, age 18,
      parents Burton Sumerell & Patsey______?, on May 6, 1875. Swift Creek.
      Fred Harding, JP, Wit: W.L. Best, Samuel Qinely, Franklin Bell

      PCGQ Vol VII, No. 2
      Pitt County Bastardy Bonds 1868-1875
      Sarah Ann McGlohon vs. Craven Sumerell, Mar. 10, 1875. Child 8 weeks old.

      PCGQ Vol VIII, No. 2
      Sam Vines died intestate 18th Nov. 1844.
      Mary Summerell, daughter of Latitia Johnston who is dead leaving issue the
      plaintiffs: Latitia Dupree and M.L. Rountree.

      PCGQ Vol.VII, No.4
      Greene County , NC, Marriages
      Summerell, R.B., of Pitt Co, age 24, married Josephine Jones, of Greene Co.,
      age 19, on Nov. 30, 1876; by Thomas Moore, MG, at Asa Jones'.Wit: Craven
      Summerell, L.T. Dail,Alex Dail

      PCGQ Vol.VIII, No. 3
      Wills & Testaments: Book I
      Pitt County Court House, NC
      #42. Johnston, Stephen F.
      Pitt: June 21, 1860. Nov. Term 1861.If son Stephen should die before 21, then
      4/5ths of said property equally to Mother, Leticia Johnston, and my brothers
      and sisters, viz Robert Johnston of Dyre Co., Tennessee, Mary
      Summerell,Leticia Evans, John V. Johnston, Martha Stancell, Franklin
      Johnston, all of Pitt County; ---Wb.1, p.53.
      Joyner Wingate Bible
      This certifies that the Rite of Holy Matrimony was celebrated between Joyner
      Wingate of Pitt County, NC and Nancy McGlohon of Pitt County, NC on January
      31, 1869, at Jerry McGlohon's by Elder T.N. Manning.
      Witness: Craven Sumrell
      Witness: Benjamin F. McGlohon

      PCGQ Vol.VIII, No. 4
      Revolutionary War Papers
      All originals at NC Archives, Raleigh, NC
      State of NC, Edgecombe County
      Personally came before me Saml. Ruffin one of the Justices of the Peace for
      Said County Mistress Faithy Sumrell and after being Sworn upon the holy
      Evangelist Deposeth and Sayeth, that John Taylor (at that time her husband)
      went out into the three month service, and before his Return home he was
      Drafted into the twelve months Service and was under the command of Genl.
      GREENEand was in the fight at Guilford Court house from thence he returned
      home, and then went of into the Said 12 months service, and Died in Service
      near High hills of Santee to the best of her recollection and further She
      Sayeth not Sworn to before me.
      This 1st Day of Decr. 1810 Faithy(her mark)
      Sumrell
      Saml. Ruffin J. Peace

      That is all that I located in my personal things. Hope this helps. Good
      Hunting.
      Amy Hunt