Schedule: Kinston, NC Civil War Symposium 2Mar02

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2002
      >From: "Jane Phillips" <diamondg@...>

      >CIVIL WAR SYMPOSIUM
      >Friday and Saturday March 1 and 2, 2002

      >FRIDAY MARCH 1 at Community Council of the Arts 400 N. Queen Street Kinston
      >6:30 Social Hour
      >7:00 Dinner followed by Speaker Dr. Charles F. Bryan, author of EYE OF THE
      >STRORM

      >SATURDAY MARCH 2 at Lenoir Community College intersection of Hwy 70 E and
      >Hwy 58 South in the Auditorium in the Main Building (this is the small
      >auditorium not the large one)
      >8:30 Registration
      >9:00-10:15 The Two Battles of Kinston
      >10:15-10:30 Civil War Resources In the Local Libraries
      >10:30-10:50 Break
      >10:50-11:30 History of the Ram Neuse
      >11:30-12:00 Plans for the Black Cultural Museum
      >12:00-1:00 Lunch
      >1:00-2:15 Lenoir County Life during the Civil War
      >2:15-3:15 The Role of African Americans Before and After the Civil War

      >Information will be provided for a self- guided tour following the last
      >presentation

      Hello Group...
      Those of you in close proximity please turn out for this Civil War
      Symposium.... unfortunately, I'll be out of town. :(
      Nancy and/or anyone else who plans to attend, please give us an
      update after the meeting so we all may share. Thanks!
      Jewelle

      jewelle@...
      Main Surnames:
      BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,