Maryetta Anderson

  • deborahbarnes2002
    Message 1 of 21 , Feb 5, 2002
      Looking info on Maryetta Anderson
      Born April 26, 1876
      Died November 17, 1926

      Married Charles Madison Franks from Craven Co
      They were married on August 22, 1891 in Beaufort Co

      I am thinking that maybe her and her people were from Beaufort Co
      being they got married there. Can anyone help me.
    • deborahbarnes2002
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 24, 2002
        Maryetta Anderson
        Born April 26, 1876
        Died November 17, 1926

        was married to Charles M Franks
        B- March 30, 1868
        D - August 10, 1938

        They were married so I have been told on August 22, 1891 in Beaufort
        Co, NC.

        I am trying to locate who her family was and where they were from,
        someone sent me some info that her Fathers name Was Elias Anderson,
        Mother name was Marthiam or Marthia M. Anderson, they lived in Craven
        Co for awhile than moved. Charles and Maryetta lived in Craven Co.
      • deborahbarnes2002
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 11, 2002
          Looking info on a Maryetta Anderson
          Born - April 26, 1876
          Died - November 17, 1926

          Married Charles M Franks from Craven Co NC, on August 22, 1891 in
          Beaufort Co.

          Do not know where she was from or who her family was, can anyone help
          me. Thanks
        • deborahbarnes2002
          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 20, 2002
            Looking for any info on Maryetta Anderson
            Born April 20, 1876
            Died November 17, 1926
            Married Charles Madison Franks on August 22, 1891 in Beaufort Co, NC

            Looking for info on who her Mother, Father were and where they were
            from...
          • Deborah Barnes
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 1, 2002
              Looking for info on Maryetta Anderson
              Born April 26, 1876
              Died November 17, 1926
              Was married to Charles Madison Franks from Vanceboro, NC, Craven Co.

              Where was she from and who were her parents. Not sure where she was from .

            • deborahbarnes2002
              Message 6 of 21 , Aug 25 12:59 PM
                I am looking for any info on my great grandmother
                Maryetta Anderson
                Born April 26, 1876
                Died November 17, 1926

                Was married to Charles Madison Franks
                Craven Co, NC

                I have found their marriage bond and they were married in Beaufort
                Co, Looking for her parents names and where they were from?
                Message 7 of 21 , Aug 25 6:04 PM
                  http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/nc/clay/cemeteries/swemecce.txt

                  I am looking for any info on my great grandmother
                  Maryetta Anderson
                  Born April 26, 1876
                  Died November 17, 1926

                  Was married to Charles Madison Franks
                  Craven Co, NC

                  I have found their marriage bond and they were married in Beaufort
                  Co, Looking for her parents names and where they were from?

                  Paula Anne Baker
                  paulabaker69@...
                  Greene County NC

                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 26 7:11 AM
                    My cousin Nancy Grogan did this lookup for you. During the day as I can, I
                    will check some of these Marys to see if one of them could be your Mary
                    Etta. From what I saw on Rootsweb, I think the two names may have been
                    separated as in Mary Etta. The results below are from the 1880 census. If
                    one looks particularly

                    ANDERSON, Mary Dau <1873> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Caswel StonyCreek
                    ANDERSON, Mary Dau <1875> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Ashe ChestnuHil
                    ANDERSON, Mary E. Dau <1875> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Wake MarksCreek
                    ANDERSON, Mary Dau <1875> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Wayne Brogden
                    ANDERSON, Mary Dau <1876> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Cherok Notala
                    ANDERSON, Mary A. Dau <1877> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Rockin Madison
                    ANDERSON, Mary GDau <1878> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Haywoo Waynesvill
                    ANDERSON, Mary Dau <1878> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Madiso MiddForOIv
                    ANDERSON, Mary E. Dau <1879> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Edgeco LowFishCre
                    ANDERSON, Mary Dau <1879> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Orange Durham
                    ANDERSON, Mary Dau <1879> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Wake MarksCreek
                    ANDERSON, Mary E. Dau <1879> F W Bir: NC Cen: NC Wilkes BrushMount

                    Message 9 of 21 , Aug 28 4:36 PM
                      I cannot tell nothing from the list you sent me. All I know is this
                      Maryetta Anderson born April 26,1876 died November 17, 1926 was married to
                      Charles Madison Franks from Craven Co, Vanceboro Area

                      There were married in Beaufort Co, NC.

                    • Deborah Barnes
                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 8, 2002
                        I have looked everywhere I could think of for my great grandmother and have
                        hit walls everywhere I have been. I am hoping someone out there can help me

                        Maryetta Anderson
                        Born April 26, 1876
                        Died August 10, 1938

                        was married to Charles Madison Franks from Craven Co, NC.

                        I am looking for her parents names or even what county she was from. I
                        found one that I thought was it but this Anderson woman died and was married
                        to someone else. Death dates aren't even close.

                        Can someone please help me?

                      • Tracy Stancil/mail.hotmail.com
                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 8, 2002
                          Deborah,
                          Two things to check.
                          First check the 1880 Soundex for Anderson in NC to see if you can find Maryetta as a toddler on that 1880 census. She may have been listed as Maryetta, Mary Etta, Mary Ella, Mary E., M.E., etc. etc. etc.
                          Second thing to check.
                          You have to find specifically what county she got married in- that marriage record should name her parents. I would search the marriage index for Craven, Beaufort, Pitt , Lenoir and others until she is found.
                          What county did Charles and Maryetta Anderson Franks live in ?
                          You can not solve a "brickwall" or question like this just by asking questions on line. You will have to get out and actually do some active research.
                          Where/ what county did Maryetta Anderson Franks die? Look in that county for her death certificate which should name her parents- if the informant knew that information.
                          If you find her marriage record and her death certificate and there is still no mention of her parents, that COULD be a clue that she may have been illegitimate. Just something to consider. Brickwalls sometimes are the result of an illegitimate birth.
                          That's about all I can think of right now. Hope it gives you some direction in your research.
                          Best of luck,
                          Tracy
                          I have looked everywhere I could think of for my great grandmother and have
                          hit walls everywhere I have been. I am hoping someone out there can help me

                          Maryetta Anderson
                          Born April 26, 1876
                          Died August 10, 1938

                          was married to Charles Madison Franks from Craven Co, NC.

                          I am looking for her parents names or even what county she was from. I
                          found one that I thought was it but this Anderson woman died and was married
                          to someone else. Death dates aren't even close.

                          Can someone please help me?

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        • diane collins
                            I have looked everywhere I could think of for my great grandmother and have
                            hit walls everywhere I have been. I am hoping someone out there can help me

                            Maryetta Anderson
                            Born April 26, 1876
                            Died August 10, 1938

                            was married to Charles Madison Franks from Craven Co, NC.

                            I am looking for her parents names or even what county she was from. I
                            found one that I thought was it but this Anderson woman died and was married
                            to someone else. Death dates aren't even close.

                            Can someone please help me?

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                          • Tracy Stancil/mail.hotmail.com
                            Message 13 of 21 , Sep 8, 2002
                              Diane,
                              That is a good point to make and something Deborah should keep in mind as a possibility. However, the parents were often named even if they were deceased. In fact some of the marriage licenses I have seen say:
                              father of the bride is "John Doe", deceased- mother of bride " Jane Doe" deceased.
                              Tracy

                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 8, 2002
                                She's in the 1920 census with Charlie M. Franks. Her nickname must have
                                been Mattie. She is 44 in 1920, which fits. They are in Craven Co NC.
                                Vanceboro. There is a list of children with them. I can look around to see
                                if a possible parent is nearby.

                                Paula

                                Message 15 of 21 , Sep 8, 2002
                                  Here are some Anderson in 1920. Same County. Same Township. The William
                                  Anderson could be a brother.

                                  Anderson, George View Image Online
                                  Age: 28 Year: 1920
                                  Birthplace: North Carolina Roll: T625_1293
                                  Race: White Page: 18A

                                  State: North Carolina ED: 12

                                  County: Craven Image: 37

                                  Township: Vanceboro

                                  Anderson, Henry View Image Online
                                  Age: 32 Year: 1920
                                  Birthplace: North Carolina Roll: T625_1293
                                  Race: White Page: 17A

                                  State: North Carolina ED: 12

                                  County: Craven Image: 35

                                  Township: Vanceboro

                                  Anderson, Isaac View Image Online
                                  Age: 24 Year: 1920
                                  Birthplace: North Carolina Roll: T625_1293
                                  Race: White Page: 16B

                                  State: North Carolina ED: 12

                                  County: Craven Image: 34

                                  Township: Vanceboro

                                  Anderson, William View Image Online
                                  Age: 52 Year: 1920

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Sep 8, 2002
                                    This is from the LDS site:

                                    I believe this is the William Anderson in the 1920 census. He is listed
                                    with a Martha. Also, I found a posting on the internet that stated that a
                                    whole group of Anderson boys from Craven married Edwards girls.

                                    That might help you.

                                    William ANDERSON (AFN: 1T45-CTW) Pedigree
                                    Sex: M Family

                                    Event(s):
                                    Birth: 3 Dec 1873
                                    , Craven, Nc
                                    Death: 1 Apr 1953

                                    Parents:

                                    Marriage(s):
                                    Spouse: Martha Elizabeth EDWARDS (AFN: 1T45-6WG) Family
                                    Marriage:

                                  • rootspuzzle
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Sep 8, 2002
                                      ID: I116714513
                                      Name: Maryetta ANDERSON
                                      Given Name: Maryetta
                                      Surname: Anderson
                                      Sex: F
                                      Birth: April 26, 1876
                                      Death: August 10, 1938

                                      Father: Elias ANDERSON b: 1847
                                      Mother: Marthiam or Marthia M b: 1846

                                      Marriage 1 Charles Madison FRANKS b: March 30, 1868 in Vanceboro,NC
                                      Children
                                      Erenst Edward FRANKS b: June 27, 1893 in Vanceboro,NC
                                      Glen G FRANKS b: November 5, 1912 in Vanceboro, NC
                                      Cledus FRANKS b: 1910
                                      Irene FRANKS b: June 15, 1899 in Vanceboro, NC
                                      Lilly FRANKS b: December 15, 1901 in Vanceboro, NC
                                      Mary FRANKS b: November 9, 1894 in Vanceboro, NC
                                      Terry FRANKS b: October 1, 1905 in Vanceboro, NC
                                      found on ancestry Hope this helps
                                      sue
                                      --- In genpcncfir@y..., "Deborah Barnes" <dbarnes@p...> wrote:
                                      > I have looked everywhere I could think of for my great grandmother
                                      and have
                                      > hit walls everywhere I have been. I am hoping someone out there
                                      can help me

                                      > Maryetta Anderson
                                      > Born April 26, 1876
                                      > Died August 10, 1938
                                      >
                                      > was married to Charles Madison Franks from Craven Co, NC.
                                      >
                                      > I am looking for her parents names or even what county she was
                                      from. I
                                      > found one that I thought was it but this Anderson woman died and
                                      was married
                                      > to someone else. Death dates aren't even close.
                                      >
                                      > Can someone please help me?

                                    • Deborah Barnes
                                      Message 18 of 21 , Sep 8, 2002
                                        please look around and see if you see a parent living nearby/

                                        I have looked everywhere I could think of for my great grandmother and have
                                        hit walls everywhere I have been. I am hoping someone out there can help me

                                        Maryetta Anderson
                                        Born April 26, 1876
                                        Died August 10, 1938

                                        was married to Charles Madison Franks from Craven Co, NC.

                                        I am looking for her parents names or even what county she was from. I
                                        found one that I thought was it but this Anderson woman died and was married
                                        to someone else. Death dates aren't even close.

                                        Can someone please help me?

                                        Paula Anne Baker
                                        paulabaker69@...
                                        Greene County NC

                                        4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
                                        http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/ymOolB/TM

                                      • HUBCAPTG@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Sep 9, 2002
                                          By the time she (Maryetta) died, you should be able to obtain a death
                                          certificate that would give you possibly some info...also, try searching the
                                          counties surrounding Craven...even by two or three counties in every
                                          direction by census...etc.

                                          One of the big mistakes I've made in searching for my family, is that I
                                          didn't realize how extensively these people of pre-rail travell actually did
                                          move around. Especially the men. Your Maryetta may well be from a county
                                          adjoining Craven...and her husband may have been from somewhere far
                                          away...even the next state...

                                          Look at all the books available to you re the state you're researching...bits
                                          and pieces will put the puzzle together for you. Good luck.

                                          t.green
                                        • bluidkiti
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Nov 18, 2007
                                            --- In genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com, "deborahbarnes2002" <dbarnes@...>
                                            wrote:

                                            > Looking info on Maryetta Anderson
                                            > Born April 26, 1876
                                            > Died November 17, 1926
                                            >
                                            > Married Charles Madison Franks from Craven Co
                                            > They were married on August 22, 1891 in Beaufort Co
                                            >
                                            > I am thinking that maybe her and her people were from Beaufort Co
                                            > being they got married there. Can anyone help me.

                                            Hi, My name is Tammy Smith Boyle.
                                            I saw your questions about these 2 people on this site
                                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genpcncfir/.

                                            From the things I read at this site this morning, I believe these 2
                                            are my great grandparents.
                                            I saw this information listed here
                                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genpcncfir/:
                                            ID: I116714513
                                            Name: Maryetta ANDERSON
                                            Given Name: Maryetta
                                            Surname: Anderson
                                            Sex: F
                                            Birth: April 26, 1876
                                            Death: August 10, 1938

                                            Father: Elias ANDERSON b: 1847
                                            Mother: Marthiam or Marthia M b: 1846

                                            Marriage 1 Charles Madison FRANKS b: March 30, 1868 in Vanceboro,NC
                                            Children
                                            Erenst Edward FRANKS b: June 27, 1893 in Vanceboro,NC
                                            Glen G FRANKS b: November 5, 1912 in Vanceboro, NC
                                            Cledus FRANKS b: 1910
                                            Irene FRANKS b: June 15, 1899 in Vanceboro, NC
                                            Lilly FRANKS b: December 15, 1901 in Vanceboro, NC
                                            Mary FRANKS b: November 9, 1894 in Vanceboro, NC
                                            Terry FRANKS b: October 1, 1905 in Vanceboro, NC

                                            Irene Franks was my grandmother. She married Ed Smith. I have
                                            pictures of my grandmother's parents tombstones. This is the info
                                            listed on their tombstones:

                                            Mettie Wife of C. M. Franks
                                            Apr 26, 1876
                                            Nov. 17, 1926

                                            Charlie Franks
                                            Mar 30, 1868
                                            Aug 10, 1938

                                            My grandmother, Irene, and grandfather Ed Smith lived in Clay Root
                                            when they died. I also remember Uncle Glen, Aunt Lilly, Aunt Mary and
                                            Aunt Terry. Aunt Lilly lived on the River Road. Aunt Terry lied up
                                            around Clay Root. I use to live on the River Road outside of
                                            Vanceboro when I was a little girl. I lived in the house on the hill
                                            and back then there was this huge oak tree in the front yard. Uncle
                                            Glen lived up the road from me in what was the home place. They had a
                                            daughter, Lucille. I think Lucille still lives on the River Road. I
                                            visited where I use to live back a few years ago and took some
                                            pictures of the tombstones that were in the yard there. They were the
                                            graves of my great grandparents which I listed above. My father was
                                            Charles Durwood Smith. We were living on the River Rood at the time
                                            of his death in 1969. He was named after Charles Franks.

                                            The story I have heard told of my great grandparents is that my great
                                            grandfather left my great grandmother. My great grandmother killed
                                            herself sometime afterwards. Afterward Uncle Glen who was a teenager
                                            at the time of his mother's death went to live with my grandmother, Irene.

                                            I also saw mention of this article on this site
                                            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/genpcncfir/ where I found you:
                                            Wed. Dec 21, 1898, page 3, col 3, Died: Mr. E. H. Anderson, of Craven
                                            Co, who
                                            resided near Vanceboro, on Thur. last from the effects of a wound in
                                            the thigh
                                            inflicted about a month ago by Mr. Charles Franks, the son in law of Mr.
                                            Anderson.

                                            Were you ever able to obtain the full article and if so may I have a
                                            copy?
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Nov 19, 2007
                                              Dear Deborah,
                                              I do know that our kin married often enough in
                                              counties other than their residence. Sometimes, it was
                                              because of kin still living in the county where the
                                              family first settled. Other times it was the
                                              birthplace of the bride or groom. Another reason was
                                              that it was the couple's honeymoon choice, and yet
                                              another was that they wanted to be married by a
                                              particular family friend, justice of the peace,
                                              minister, or relative. Sometimes, too, it was for the
                                              convenience of someone the family wanted present at
                                              the wedding but who could not travel outside the
                                              county on that particular date or somebody other than
                                              the parents was hosting the wedding at their church or
                                              home or whatever location it was the couple had
                                              chosen.
                                              I'll see if I can find anything new on this
                                              couple. A newspaper article from that time period
                                              would be a good beginning if any of our group has
                                              access to archives from Beaufort.
                                              Later, Carol