Re: [genpcncfir] Hosea Tyson/Fanny Satterwaite

  • feonadorf@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2002
      Paula,
      Do I have you website address? Is he the Henry C. Beddard that was married to
      Zilphia Jackson?

      Lisa

      Surnames: Pitt County; Williams, Mills, Cherry, McGowan
      Sermons, Willoughby, Foreman, Harris, Smith, Tyson, Tucker,
      Slaughter, Ewell, English, Sugg, Hardee.
      Columbus County; Williamson,Hathaway, Spivey, Powell, Faulk.

      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2002
        Yes, he is the same Henry C. Beddard. Mary Lula Tyson Baker Beddard is
        buried in Reedy Branch.

        www.geocities.com/troy/athens/9883.com

        I hope that's right.
        pb

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 3, 2002
          Paula,
          I know that I've written to you before but here goes again...I am looking
          for W.J. Manning that married Minnie L. Nichols May 8th or 9th 1889 in Pitt
          Co. NC. This is my brick wall but I finally found out when and where they
          were married and since Minnie's mother was Margaret Jane Tyson I thought
          that I would just ask again since I had some kind of dates now. I look
          forward to hearing from you or anyone else that might have something to add.
          Sincerely, Sam DeSanto

          From: feonadorf@...
          To: genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 11:07:12 EST

          Paula,

          What information I have was given to me by Paul Dean Tyson. I'm sorry I
          don't
          have more information. Both of my ggrandparents are Tyson descendants. My
          ggrandfathers side descends from Susannah Tyson and my ggrandmother from
          Susannah's brother Cornelius. I've seen several Tyson families marry. So it
          wouldn't surprise me. I'd love to see what family info you do have.
          Sometimes
          it's easier to see exactly what your looking for, if I have it in front of
          me. I'll forward anything I find.

          Lisa

          Paula Anne Baker
          paulabaker69@...
          Greene County NC

          Eastern North Carolina counties.

        • ckglorac
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 9, 2002
            Paula. Do you have a Isaac Williams, Col ? Williams in your family? Or
            do you have an Williams in your family related to McNair. Please e-mail
            me back. Carol ckgmcnair@..... Thank You

            Sign up for FREE iVillage newsletters <http://s.ivillage.com/rd/16705> .
            From health and pregnancy to shopping and relationships, iVillage
            has the scoop on what matters most to you.

            > Yes, he is the same Henry C. Beddard. Mary Lula Tyson Baker Beddard is
            > buried in Reedy Branch.
            >
            > www.geocities.com/troy/athens/9883.com
            >
            > I hope that's right.
            > pb

            Carolina counties.

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 9, 2002
              Not that I know of. Why do you ask? Hosea and Fanny were from Hyde Co NC.
              Hosea's will is posted on the internet. I've never found a connection to
              that Tyson group, but you never know.

              Paula

              Paula. Do you have a Isaac Williams, Col ? Williams in your family? Or
              do you have an Williams in your family related to McNair. Please e-mail
              me back. Carol ckgmcnair@..... Thank You

              Sign up for FREE iVillage newsletters <http://s.ivillage.com/rd/16705> .
              From health and pregnancy to shopping and relationships, iVillage
              has the scoop on what matters most to you.

              > Yes, he is the same Henry C. Beddard. Mary Lula Tyson Baker Beddard is
              > buried in Reedy Branch.
              >
              > www.geocities.com/troy/athens/9883.com
              >
              > I hope that's right.
              > pb

            • Jerry Barton
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 10, 2002
                A recent query submitted concerned Hosea Tyson and his wife Fanny
                Satterwaite. Details accumulated by the Tyson Genealogy Network indicate
                that Hosea was a son of Daniel Tyson and Rebecca Harvey, and that he is a
                direct descendant of John Tyson and his wife Susannika. This John Tyson
                (with various spellings) is the earliest known ancestor of the Tyson/Tison
                group that can be traced back to the Eastern Shores of Virginia. Other
                details are available.

                Jerry Tyson Barton
                Georgetown, Texas
                From: "Paula Baker" <paulabaker69@...>
                2. Gen Society Meeting-Reminder
                From: "Tracy Putnam" <NCCuzins@...>

                Message: 1

                Paula. Do you have a Isaac Williams, Col ? Williams in your family? Or
                do you have an Williams in your family related to McNair. Please e-mail
                me back. Carol ckgmcnair@..... Thank You

                Sign up for FREE iVillage newsletters <http://s.ivillage.com/rd/16705> .
                From health and pregnancy to shopping and relationships, iVillage
                has the scoop on what matters most to you.

                > Yes, he is the same Henry C. Beddard. Mary Lula Tyson Baker Beddard is
                > buried in Reedy Branch.
                >
                > www.geocities.com/troy/athens/9883.com
                >
                > I hope that's right.
                > pb

                Message: 2
                Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 20:55:18 -0400
                From: "Tracy Putnam" <NCCuzins@...>
                Subject: Gen Society Meeting-Reminder

                Hello Everyone,
                First off let me apolofize to everyone who is receiving this more than once.

                Just a reminder to let everyone know that the Hertiage Genealogical Society
                will be holding its very first meeting this Thursday, Sept 12, from 7pm-9pm
                at Heritage Place Library (LCC Campus), in Kinston NC.

                We have been working hard for this, and sure hope to see you local folks
                there!!

                We are already collecting information for our first newsletter, and for
                those of you who have already sent in their membership forms, we are asking
                that you submit any primary source documents you might have (that are not
                already posted on the internet) for publication in the Newsletter.

                If anyone has any questions, suggestions, ideas or anything, please feel
                free to email me directly at nccuzins@...

                For more information about the Society, or for a membership form, please
                visit the following URL

                http://www.historicalpreservationgroup.org/genealogy

                Tracy Putnam