[genpcfr] Re: Via U

  • Gayle Licari
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 31, 1999
      Hi Linda,
      I may have contacted you about my HILL a Mrs. Blackmore who was a HILL who
      married Robert WILLIAMs sometime in the early 1800s. I think they may be parents
      of my Blaney WILLIAMs b. 1821. They were all over Greene/Duplin/Sampson County,
      NC
      Robert Williams father was Robert Williams, 2nd and mother Mary Harper Williams.
      Yes, I forwarded the info on to Trish in NY.
      Appreciate any leads on my ancestors. Gayle

      LdMel1@... wrote:

      > Is this John Rouse the one married to Mary Mozingo? I note you sent it to
      > Trish and I assume she is the same one I met in November from NY. If so she
      > gave you my email address to contact me since I am from that same line. Since
      > I had not heard from you I planed to contact her to get your email address.
      > Trish did not have any information on the parents of John Rouse mostly his
      > mother and when I saw her request I contacted her and was able to give her
      > that information and tell her where they are buried etc. That John Rouse was
      > my ggrandfather's half brother. They had the same mother. I do not know
      > anything of the Rouse or Mozingo line since I have only been doing this about
      > six months. I really look forward to meeting everyone in Greenville as soon
      > as I can get caught up at our office and get over to a meeting. Clarice is
      > now checking some information on the Dunn's buried in the Old Dave Barrow
      > Cemetary for me. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
      > Linda Melvin
      >
      > Surnames:
      > DUNN, CLEMONS(CLEMMONS), HILL, FIELDS, JONES, SPAIN, MELVIN, HALES

      > Backing up has never been easier. Here's an automatic,
      > Hassle free way to protect your valuable data without
      > Extra hardware. Download, install and try @Backup.
      > http://offers.egroups.com/click/215/1
      >
      > eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/genpcfr

    • Janie Ellison
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 20, 2001
        Gayle,

        I'm interested in finding the parents of Addie Mozingo, born November 5,
        1878 and died May 26, 1964. She married Thomas Barry Harris ON nOVEMBER 16
        1897. He was born January 20, 1875 and died October 6, 1935. Both are
        buried in the Harris/Randolph Family Cemetery just outside Stokes, NC.
        (Thomas Harris is my great-grandfather's brother).

        Janie
        ellisonj7@...

        >From: "Gayle" <cosmoz@...>
        >To: <genpcfr@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [genpcfr] How to Stop Trash
        >Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 21:33:32 -0700
        >
        >Janie,
        >Who is your Mozingo line? Gayle L.

      • Gayle
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 20, 2001
          Hi Janie,'
          I recall now that you mentioned Addie Mozingo. I have not found that
          information yet.
          Do you know if the Harrises lived other places other than Stokes. Refresh
          me as to where Stokes NC is located. Gayle L.
          BTW are they starting a new Greenville list serv?
          > I'm interested in finding the parents of Addie Mozingo, born November 5,
          > 1878 and died May 26, 1964. She married Thomas Barry Harris ON nOVEMBER
          16
          > 1897. He was born January 20, 1875 and died October 6, 1935. Both are
          > buried in the Harris/Randolph Family Cemetery just outside Stokes, NC.
          > (Thomas Harris is my great-grandfather's brother).
          >
          > Janie
          > ellisonj7@...
          >

          > >From: "Gayle" <cosmoz@...>
          > >To: <genpcfr@yahoogroups.com>
          > >Subject: Re: [genpcfr] How to Stop Trash
          > >Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 21:33:32 -0700
          > >
          > >Janie,
          > >Who is your Mozingo line? Gayle L.

          > Excellent genealogy resourses available at PITT COUNTY FAMILY RESEARCHERS

        • Janie Ellison
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 22, 2001
            Gayle,

            Addie Mozingo is buried with her husband, William Harris, near Stokes, NC,
            which is a short drive from Greenville, NC (in Pitt County). Around 1920,
            James Henry Harris, one of their sons, moved with his family of eight
            children to Halifax County, NC, because he needed more farmland to support
            his large family. So my Harris branch is mostly from Halifax County
            although the previous ancestors and probably many "cousins" are from Pitt
            County. I figured Addie Mozingo must have been from Pitt County as well.

            As far as the new list goes, I'm waiting to see just what happens. I
            definitely want to be on a Pitt County genealogy list whether this one of
            another.

            Janie

            >From: "Gayle" <cosmoz@...>
            >To: <genpcfr@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [genpcfr] Mozingo
            >Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 21:21:03 -0700
            >
            >Hi Janie,'
            >I recall now that you mentioned Addie Mozingo. I have not found that
            >information yet.
            >Do you know if the Harrises lived other places other than Stokes. Refresh
            >me as to where Stokes NC is located. Gayle L.
            >BTW are they starting a new Greenville list serv?

          • Gayle
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 22, 2001
              Janie,
              I will keep a watch for anything on Addie Mozingo. The Mozingo's were from
              around Greene County and Institute area of Lenoir County and Wayne County
              and Johnston County, NC...There were Harris and Herrings who married in
              Wayne County that is why I was asking.
              I want to keep on the list serv too. Never know what I might learn. The
              viruses are unsettling to me though. Hope it will discontinue.