New file uploaded to genpcncfir

  • genpcncfir@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 97 , Jan 2, 2002
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the genpcncfir
      group.

      File : /Shivers Family/benjshivprob1.txt
      Uploaded by : james_shivers <shivers@...>
      Description : Benjamin Shivers probate 7/30/1853

      You can access this file at the URL

      Regards,

      james_shivers <shivers@...>
    • jonfa30@embarqmail.com
      Message 97 of 97 , Sep 13, 2010
        Whenever I get a new computer, they now come installed with McAfee and that is the first thing I remove. Years ago, McAfee left too many pieces of program on the computer that kept giving nightmares for up to six months. That was when you could go into DOS and find the pieces. When finally, every little piece was removed, I got back to no trouble.
        I am so very sorry, but I don't want McAfee even if it was free, which it is not.
        Norton was too expensive compared to free "good" programs so I quit using Norton. And people who did use Norton had too many conflicts with other programs. And when I used Norton, it was the last company to upload a fix for a virus making the rounds.
        I use AVG and AVAST - both are free programs and have used AVG for several years. Last year I installed AVAST and it is now a must have. I like the web site feature too since you can pick up many viruses on websites now-even genealogy sites. Avast will sound an alarm and allow you to check the abort option and it will not load on your computer. I most often will still scan the computer to check but so far it has always come up virus free.
        I was in Best Buy when another woman was buying a new computer. They were selling her the moon and it was adding up. I was plainly eavesdropping, but she was glad I did. I told her you don't have to buy that virus program. Just go to avg.com and download the free program. She said, thanks, you saved me $130.
        Faye Hays