Hobbs

  • grannie3us
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 31, 2001
      Looking for imformation on(1) William Hobbs who married Ollie Carrawy
      in Green County. Have imformation on her family but not much luck on
      his side. My grandfather was their son William Fred Hobbs. I have
      been told that (1)William Hobbs's parents were named William and
      Nancey(Vick?) No family left on Hobbs side to ask questions and get
      answers from. Any help would be appreciated
      T.Hobbs
    • Evelyn Hendricks
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 17, 2002
        Do you know who were the parents of your Ollie Carraway? I have Carraway
        ancestry which has been a brick wall for me for about thirty years.
        Evelyn

        At 02:07 AM 01/01/2002 +0000, you wrote:
        >Looking for imformation on(1) William Hobbs who married Ollie Carrawy
        >in Green County. Have imformation on her family but not much luck on
        >his side. My grandfather was their son William Fred Hobbs. I have
        >been told that (1)William Hobbs's parents were named William and
        >Nancey(Vick?) No family left on Hobbs side to ask questions and get
        >answers from. Any help would be appreciated
        >T.Hobbs
        >

        >Our Group name has changed but our membership remains the same!
        >We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our dynamic group
        >if you are interested in genealogy discussion and research in Pitt and all
        >Eastern North Carolina counties.

      • grannie
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 19, 2002
          Ollie's parents were William Marcellus Carrawya and
          Leo Dicey Murphay. Have a list of people buried in
          the Carrawy cemmetary(parital) What Carraway are you
          looking for?
          --- Evelyn Hendricks <rebh@...> wrote:
          > Do you know who were the parents of your Ollie
          > Carraway? I have Carraway
          > ancestry which has been a brick wall for me for
          > about thirty years.
          > Evelyn
          >
          > At 02:07 AM 01/01/2002 +0000, you wrote:
          > >Looking for imformation on(1) William Hobbs who
          > married Ollie Carrawy
          > >in Green County. Have imformation on her family but
          > not much luck on
          > >his side. My grandfather was their son William Fred
          > Hobbs. I have
          > >been told that (1)William Hobbs's parents were
          > named William and
          > >Nancey(Vick?) No family left on Hobbs side to ask
          > questions and get
          > >answers from. Any help would be appreciated
          > >T.Hobbs
          > >

          > >Our Group name has changed but our membership
          > remains the same!
          > >We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to
          > join our dynamic group
          > >if you are interested in genealogy discussion and
          > research in Pitt and all
          > >Eastern North Carolina counties.
          > > GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In
          > Research

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
          http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
        • Evelyn Hendricks
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 19, 2002
            I am looking for the parents of Mathew Carraway, born about 1800 and died
            about 1838. He married Nancy Price, daughter of James Price of Greene Co.
            They lived in Greene Co. I know the names of his children, from Census
            Records, and who some of them married. I cannot trace his son William after
            about 1850 or 1860. I can't remember right off hand without looking it up.
            His daughter Malvina married William Henry Wheeler, Sr. That is my line.
            Another daughter married a Beaman.
            If this sounds like people you might have information on I can send you
            more about them.
            Where is the Carraway cemetery?

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 20, 2002
              The Murphy Cemetary is located on rural rd 1330 off of
              hwy 91 (which is now 903) just past green Central High
              School in Green county, North Carolina just outside of
              Snowhill NC. I looked at the list of names I have for
              the cemetary and there is A william Carraway
              5/16/1851-12/23/1922 and another William Carraway
              10/5/1852-9/25/1929-and another listed as William
              Marcellus Carraway 8/24/1842-11/6/1917 who was married
              to Leo Dicy Murphey they were my great grandmather
              parents (Ollie Obedience Carraway.) Does any of this
              help? Hope so

            • Rose Thomas
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 20, 2002
                Is there any Bakers or Powells in the Murphy Cemetary?

                Thanks,
                Rose

> [...]

                > > > research in Pitt and all
                > > > Research

                > > > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                > >Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
                > >http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
                > >
                > >Our Group name has changed but our membership
                > remains the same!
                > >We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to
                > join our dynamic group
                > >if you are interested in genealogy discussion and
                > research in Pitt and all
                > >Eastern North Carolina counties.
                > > GenealogyPITT Co NC Friends In
                > Research

                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
                http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

                We welcome all Archives visitors and invite you to join our dynamic
                group if you are interested in genealogy discussion and research in Pitt
                and all Eastern North Carolina counties.

                Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 20, 2002
                  Evelyn...
                  As mentioned before... we definitely have a connection through
                  these lines... I can't add any more than I've already told you. (Haven't
                  been able to do personal research or repost my info since my computer
                  crashed and lost everything... and the flood made most of my hard copies
                  unreadable, anyway) ...
                  but.. one of these days, would really appreciate
                  exchanging what info we have. I'm afraid you will be on the 'short-end' :)

                  Group... please take notice of the change in Subject Field. A gentle
                  reminder to always have the Subject Field pertain to message Body. It
                  doesn't take long to change it to reflect same and it is a courtesy to the
                  rest of the members. Thank you.
                  Jewelle
                  jewelle@...
                  Main Surnames:
                  BAKER, CANNON, COX, JACKSON,
                  McGLAWHORN (all sp), WINGATE, +++

                  At 12:45 PM 1/19/02 -0500, you wrote:
                  >I am looking for the parents of Mathew Carraway, born about 1800 and died
                  >about 1838. He married Nancy Price, daughter of James Price of Greene Co.
                  >They lived in Greene Co. I know the names of his children, from Census
                  >Records, and who some of them married. I cannot trace his son William after
                  >about 1850 or 1860. I can't remember right off hand without looking it up.
                  >His daughter Malvina married William Henry Wheeler, Sr. That is my line.
                  >Another daughter married a Beaman.
                  >If this sounds like people you might have information on I can send you
                  >more about them.
                  >Where is the Carraway cemetery?
                  >
                  >At 08:51 AM 01/19/2002 -0800, you wrote:
                  > >Ollie's parents were William Marcellus Carrawya and
                  > >Leo Dicey Murphay. Have a list of people buried in
                  > >the Carrawy cemmetary(parital) What Carraway are you
                  > >looking for?
                  > >--- Evelyn Hendricks <rebh@...> wrote:
                  > > > Do you know who were the parents of your Ollie
                  > > > Carraway? I have Carraway
                  > > > ancestry which has been a brick wall for me for
                  > > > about thirty years.
                  > > > Evelyn

                  > > > married Ollie Carrawy
                  > > > not much luck on
                  > > > Hobbs. I have
                  > > > named William and
                  > > > questions and get

                • Linda Rider
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 20, 2002
                    Hello,
                    Any chance you might have info on the Nancy Murphrey who married James Dail in the early 1800's?
                    Linda Dail Rider
                    grannie <grannie3us@...> wrote: The Murphy Cemetary is located on rural rd 1330 off of

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 20, 2002
                      Thank you. I think the families may be related, but the dates are too late
                      for the William I am looking for. My great grandmother was the daughter of
                      Mathew Carraway. Mathew died somewhere around 1836-1838. His children were:
                      1. Hulda, born 1828, married John J. Harrison
                      2. Malvina Caraway,born 5 March,1830 married William Henry Wheeler, Sr.
                      3. Penelope, born 5 Aug., 1831, married George W. G. Beaman
                      4. William Jackson, born 26 Oct. 1833
                      5. Martha ann sinath (this is the way it appeared --no capitals), born
                      1835, married Jesse Butts
                      6. Mathen ann Elisabeth, born 2 June 1837

                      Do you have anything that looks like it might belong to this family?
                      Evelyn

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 21, 2002
                        I only have a partial list mostly Carraways and
                        Murphys I will look it over real good asap and let you
                        know
                        THobbs