Jacob Little: 1755-1838

  • Jane Murtishaw Lindsey
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2001
      My brick wall is Jacob Little, b 28 Mar 1755 Surry Co. VA, enlisted in RW in
      Pitt Co., moved to Anson Co. in 1795, d 10 Mar 1838 in Anson Co. Evidence
      indicates he is the son of Isaac Little, son of William Little and Mourning
      ? William and much of his family moved from Surry Co. to
      Beaufort/Pitt/Edgecombe probably in late 1755. September 1755, William
      Little of Surry Co. VA received 300a on Cheeks Mill Swamp to pay a 40 pound
      obligation from James Cheek in Halifax precinct NC. Deed was witnessed by
      Amos Atkinson and Abraham Little. In March 1756, William was dead. His
      will listed his sons Abraham and Isaac and 5 youngest sons Jacob, William,
      James, Joseph & John. Wife: Morning and daughter Jane Moring. Witnesses
      Amos Atkinson, Mary Judkins, Jane Atkinson.

      Looking for evidence that Isaac was the father of Jacob, as well as James,
      Penelope, Pleasant, Elisha, William, Micah, and Isaac.

      Jane Murtishaw Lindsey
      http://www.hal-pc.org/~happy/